cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant Configuration with Phantom Item in low level configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have a question in the variant configuration, I am using variant configuration with many phantom items BOM with different characteristics. while trying to read the characteristics of parent rather using "$parent" or using parent in CULR functions.

In Case of phantom item, the system reads the finished product directly please find the following example

I have finished product Finished Product A with the following structure

Finished product A

Phantom Item 1

Row material 1          (while using dependency in this level with $parent it returns the characteristics of "Finished Product A" not "Phantom                                         Item 1"

Row Material 2

This happens in low level configuration (Production order) in the high level configuration (eg. Simulation in CU50) it works fine.

Thanks in Advance.

View Entire Topic
rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When the BOM is exploded, every configurable material must have a configuration assigned. If it has no own configuration, it is taken from the next level above (parent material) automatically

If the material is configurable, but it does not have a configuration profile, create one by using transaction CU41. a phantom material is configurable, but has no configuration profile.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot R Brahmanker I missed creating the configuration profile. I just have one question, can we use parent with material with class 200?

Thanks again