cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update MSEG-GRUND on existing Material Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a request from business asking for the ability to go back into a Material Document (MB02 or something similar) to 'correct' the reason code that was assigned at the time of posting the document.  I know this field currently cannot be changed after the fact and I understand the reasons why.  My standard response would be to cancel the material document and then re-post with the correct reason code.   

Can someone please provide me with good reasons why we should not explore the possibility of developing a custom routine that would allow the update of reason code on existing material document?  I am looking for this so I can go back to the Business and convince them this is not the way to go.

Thanks in advance.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Adam,

of course you can update this by enhancement, but it has to be managed carefully and will be replaced by next upgrade.

Also from system governance point of view it is not recommended, because you are openning a gate to users which is not secure, this case might be not too dangerous however, business will push you to go to further.

If you trust your team that you can manage this and further, just do. But NOT recommended to enhance the SAP standard.

Hope I am clear,

Sarhan.