Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our scenario is like this:

Our Customer is using SAP and he is provoiding us materials for doing further operation (subcontract). He has raised sub-contract PO on us and maintained BOM and sent the materials us for further process.

He has issued the materials through MB1B (541 movement type) and the same are showing in our stock as Vendor stock.(special stock)

In this case, If I try to issue the same to production for further process, system giving an error message that Deficit stock of XX qty in storage location.

can anybody help me how to proceed further

Thanks in adance

KK

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you use the same SAP system and client with your customer? I think you should do GR for the parts from your customer in advance, then you can do the production for further process in your system.

If you had more questions, post detailed information in your case.

Good day

Tao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sir,

Thanks for your valid reply.

I will expalin the scenario once again:

In our client scenario, there are 22 company codes.

Company Code 1100:

Get the order from customer.

Procure the raw material and process 2 operations.

for 3rd operation, it will be sending for sub-contracting to other 21 company codes.

can you explain how we can map this scenario in SAP

Thanks in advance

KK

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Are you using subcontracting STO? Is it possible in inter-comapny process.

I've never tried it...

Are you getting the components at the vendor master's special stock that vendor master is assigned to the producing plant if you book MB1B + 541 refering to the STO?

If yes, maybe your concept shoudl be revised. I mean the components should be consumed by mvt 543 when the receiving plant does GR refering to the subcon-STO.

Since the components are consumed at tis time and the components are not owned by the production plant maybe they should not be in the BOM (as stock items) of the production plant.

(I do not know this process, this is only my idea)

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi csaba,

yes exactly it is subcontracting STO. Can you tell me how we can map in SAP. I mean what are the settings required for this.

Thanks in advance

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi csaba,

yes exactly it is subcontracting STO. Can you tell me how we can map in SAP. I mean what are the settings required for this.

Thanks in advance

KK

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You did not confirm all my assumptions - please do it if they are true. If my assumptions are true you should remove the subcon-components (as stock items) from the production plant's BOM and your problem will be solved.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for quick reply. what information you require? you please confirm.

When I am issuing the material by 541 movement type, I can able to see the stock in both the company codes. but, I am not able to issue the stock for production in sub-contractor's company code.

Tell me how to proceed further.

If you can tell me the step by step, it will be a great help for me.

Thanks in advance

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

In our client scenario, there are 2 company codes and make to order strategy.

In one company code, we receive the order from the customer and we will finish 2 processes and for 3rd process, we will be sending the semifinished material to other company code for doing the same.

When we run MRP, PR generated with Account Assignment Category 'E' and converted the same into subcontract PO.

In the subcontract purchase order, Combination will be 'E' (A/c Cat Ref.) and 'L' (Item Category).

when I am trying to issue the components to sub-contract vendor, system giving error message that purchase order does not contain any item.

So, I created other storage location named job work storage location (JWS) and transferred the sales order stock to JWS storage location by using 311 movement type.

Now, I am trying to issue the components to Sub-vendor with reference to PO, system is not allowing.

can anybody tell me how can come out of this issue?