cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP support query.....Please Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am a student at Lancaster University. I am currently conducting a dissertation regarding vendor support for organisations implementing Information Systems. I had question regarding SAP's view on third party support. After implementation of a SAP system are organisations allowed to choose a third party company (not recommended partners such as Siemens and HCL) for supporting their SAP system?

I would really appreciate to hear from you regarding this as I cannot seem to find this information on the website. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by third party support (not recommended partners such as Siemens and HCL)?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I mean is after a SAP system Implementation has been completed in an organisation, is the organisation allowed to go to other companies for support and maintenance for the SAP system or are they contractually only allowed to go to SAP for support and maintenance? What I have read on-line is that Siemens and HCL also provide SAP system support but they are usually recommended by SAP (this is what I have read on-line, not sure if it is true). There are private companies in the market which provide SAP system support for a smaller fee than SAP directly. What I do not know is whether a organisation is allowed to hire them to provide support after implementation of the SAP system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is how it happens...

As soon as implementation phase is completed by SAP or any consulting company, the organization will consider many things like support billing etc, before they give support to them.

And there are lot of things to be considered by any organization during and before bid by any consulting companies or SAP partners.

Hope you are answered.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar