cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

We have Return process Return saleable and nonsalable both are configured as Order related billing

second one is reference is not necessary. I fail to understand why this kind of configuration is there for

returns always.

Now if the configuration setting are changed to Delivery related billing and reference mandatory

is there any unwanted impact in the future.

Pl let me know.

View Entire Topic
jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Returns Credit memo is created with Reference to Returns order, because gererally it takes times for Customer to return Goods to your plant.

Customer will generally insist on receiving a Credit Memo before he returns the damaged good back to you.

That is why in SAP Standard Returns Credit Memo is created with reference to Returns Order.

If your Business process requires, you can definitely change this to Delivery Related Billing. There will no impact in future.

Just make sure to maintain proper Copy Control Records.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

where can i find copying controls for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The copy control settings can be done in VTFA for billing to order copying..or VTAA for order to order.

Regards

Raghu.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i already suggested i would not advise RE credit memo to be created from LR.

All complaint (credit, debit) processes in SAP SD are having bill doc created from order and NOT from delivery.

But if you want to go ahead then copy control is VTFL, you can take LF --> F2 as a ref to copy and create your own LR --> RE

Ensure that ONLY after PGR the RE credit memo is created. This you shall have to put as Requirement in VTFL.

As you are going away from SAP standard, please test intensively.

Good luck!