cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Frequency

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please explain the procedure invloved in a RF scanner implementation in a Warehouse.

I assume the areas involved are.

1) IMG Mobile config

2) SAP Console setting

3) RF Device to SAP Console communication.

Plse give as much information as possible.

View Entire Topic
RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First, you need a seperate box which you will load the following.

Text based scanning units.

1) A telnet server. We use Georgia Soft Works Telnet Server

2) SAPgui 6.40 - SAPconsole component. You can load this directly from the SAPgui installation.

Web based scanning units.

1) IIS

2) SAPgui 6.40 - SAPconsole component. You can load this directly from the SAPgui installation.

The sapconsole administrator must be configured.

The scanners must be configured to point to the IP of your telnet server or point the browser to that host.

IMG configuration must be done in order to fire the correct programs by user id.

I have a lot of experience with all of this, just let me know if you need anymore help.

Also, looks like you double posted, please mark the other one as "Solved on my own" and we can continue in this thread. Thanks.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot Rich and Weber! i will try all this to see if i resolve the problem. but mean time if u have good document please email me on kum_s11@yahoo.com.

thanks for the quick response

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I have just sent you all kinds of good stuff.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help Rich.

I need some help for developing the functional requirement for customize RF transaction don't have idea how to do this? How we can make our own RF transaction.

If you can help me with some real time example in this it will be really helpful.

Thanks

Kawal

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

All of our RF transaction that we use are custom built. The programs are just like any other dynpro application. You must make sure that the ui elements are placed in the screen area that will fit the screen of your device, probably 16 lines by 20 characters. This means that you should put your ui element in the first 20 space in the first 16 lines of the screen. You will also want to copy the gui status from the LM01 transaction. I can give more details about this in the morning.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Please copy the gui status LMOB_GROUP8 from progrom RLMENU. Use this gui status for all of your custom RF transaction screens.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rich I want some information function consultant point of view.Like what we have to do in the case of customize transcation.If you can give little example it will be good.

Thanks

Aby

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You mean configuration in R/3? If so, go to transaction SPRO, click logistics execution, mobile data entry.

<b><i>Define menu management.</i></b>

Create a menu here, we enter transaction codes here, menu/tran type = 2, then put the tcode in the next field.

<b><i>RF Queue Management</i></b>

Click define queues. Just define a queue with a description.

Now in the dialog, click Assign processors to queues. Here is were you assign users to the queues and menus. Add the users that you want to to access your queue and menu.

Save this, system will ask for transport request.

Now when you log into the system with the user id and run transaction LM01, the user will get the menu that you have specified. This will allow them to run your custom transaction that you tied to the menu.

Make sense?

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the late reply Rich. Stuff which you sent me really helped me.

In one of the reply you mentioned me that all the RF transactions you made are customized. I need one particular example related to these transactions .Like why you made that transaction and what function you are performing by that. In my company the client doesn’t want to use LM00 to LM80 transactions. They want make it totally customize.

Thanks a lot for your help in the past.

Kawal

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi, for example, in the packing stations of our plant, the user scans a work order and two things, happend, first a final confirmation(tcode CO11) against the production order and the printing of our shipping label. This process was custom developed. Our RF/scanner systemm is a little different, there are two sides, first, we have multiple transactions for the floor, all custom built and totally configurable via custom customizing tables. So the beginning transaction which is set in SAPconsole is a custom transaction that fires the entire process. The other side is the standard SAP configurable system. So if the user coming in is not in a "Custom" user table, then it fires the standard SAP functionality for RF devices(the config mentioned in one of the earlier posts). Again all programs tied to this config, is totally custom. We use no standard SAP RF transactions at all.

Other transations we have, kanban empty/fill, interplant shipping, customer shipping, totally custom physical inventory system, custom warehouse manangement system, etc.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rich,

So in this case you developed your tables for the customization. Can you tell me which table you used for this?

I want some information about WM tables and Lean warehouse .I couldn't figure out what is the difference between lean warehouse and regular warehouse.

I am right learning about WM .That's why I am asking so many questions to you. Please Bear with me.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

We are implementing mobile data entry using Radio frquency for WM module. I dont know where to start with.

Could you please send me some documnets on my email id chitta_ranjan@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Chitta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rich!

Am new to RF implementation, it will be of great help if you can send me the good stuffs that you have, my e-mail address is cmgrepo@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!

Regards,

Cel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone send me stuff related to creating custom RF transaction?

My id is sandeep_ranade@rediffmail.com.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello rich ,

I have a question , I have implemented lean warehouse management at the IM level. Now I want to do physical inventory using the rf gun.can you suggest me a feasible solution for this. Also one gun can be assigned only to one . if more than one person has to using one physical document, , do we have to write a custom code for the same.(this is in rf)

thanks in advance

kaushik

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rich,

You seem to be very knowledgeable in SAPConsole used for RF guns. My question - where is the SAPConsole configuration stored? Is is in the server or in the SAP systems that are connected to it?

We are planning to migrate our systems to a new data center and the SAPConsolse server with GSW UTS (telnet server) is one that I should take care of. I want to know what files, folders, or registry entries I need to backup and restore to the new server to make sure that all settings/config are in synch after the migration.

Thanks in advance.

Regina

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.