cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCN creation during Sloc - Sloc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I just need to know when and why it is needed to create a PCN during sloc - sloc stock posting.

Becuase i don't think so it will be much useful of PCN in this case but curious to know the purpose of PCN during sloc - sloc posting.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thank u..

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Om,

It is extremely important to have a PCN in a sloc to sloc transfer posting. Allow me to elaborate with a example.

Suppose you purchased an apartment from a person A. The physical location of the apartment and therefore its address would be unchanged, correct?

But since the ownership has now changed from person A to yourself; you would have to send a notice and have the apartment transferred in your name.

Similarly, the material may stay in the same warehouse bin physically but its ownership needs to be changed in the system from one sloc to the other.

A posting change notice is similar to a transfer requirement as transfer orders need to be created and confirmed for both. However; the material moves physically in a transfer requirement but may remain in the same place and have its ownership changed through a posting change notice.