Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make-to-order production

tor_holter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In a plant they produce a customer specific semi-finished which is packaged in different formats.

When a sales order is created for one of the MTO finished goods that will trigger the production of the semi-finished. The lot-size of which is larger than requirements from single order line. Therefore customer must make sure that total requirements from sales order lines matches quantity of semi-finished. The problem is that with normal MTO SAP will create one planned order for the semi-finished for every sales order line. Instead I want single planned order to cover customer requirements.

This shoud be make-to-order production of semi-finished good and the finished goods and want to have forecast on the finished goods.

Somebody solved this before?

Best regards,

Tor Holter

Oslo, Norway

View Entire Topic
csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tor,

As I understand: you want your SFG to have separate PldOrd for each SO of FG.

What about individual/collective requirement setting? Cannot you solve your problem via this?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/ea/e9b4ae4c7211d189520000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Csaba

tor_holter
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I want both FG and SFG to be procured after sales order. I would like a forecast on FG level to have RM on hand.

I want MTO strategy but I want to balance the volume of a single SFG batch to several sales order lines.