Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual/coll. Incicator.

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am aware of what Individual/coll. indicator is but only in theoretical terms. So in order to understand it, I created some dummy data and I am stuck with the results. So need your expertise on this :

So there are 3 materials A, B and X. X is the Component in A's and B's BOM's.

Is this necessary that all the three materials should be having Planning strategy as '20' in MRP3 view? Or having '20' only for  A and B will do the job.

I have created two sales orders for the Materials with same requirement date. In SOs I have put 'KE' as requirement type.

After running MRP the planned orders were created for A and B but when I looked into MD04 for X, I found that the Dep. Req. was maintained separately for the two Planned Orders.(As I thought the Dep Req. will be triggered collectively--->Ignoring the fact that there are two different Planned Orders).

So yes I am a bit hazy on the results that I should expect after all this. So please guide me on what exactly should I expect after putting Ind/ Coll Indicator in MTO scenario, And where I can expect to see the changes.

And one more question, for which material should I set the indicator, for A and B or only for X.

Please let me know if any further info is required.

Regards,

Avinash

View Entire Topic
former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain strategy 20 for A&B. Regarding X,you can leave it empty .

In your case,you expect X to be collctively displayed,maintain collectve indicator in X.then u will see what you expect...

btw,how many planned order against X generated is not the way to distinguish indivial/collective .if you see a planned order linking with a sales order ,then it is individual...I mean separate line in for different planned order in MD04..

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monst,

Thank  you for the reply, but what exactly is meant by that statement that you wrote :

And please confirm what should I expect in scenario that I mentioned in the first post ?

former_member183783
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,my first hight light rectangle is generated by collective.consume stock.not seperated by order.

second/third rectangle are generated by indivial .not consume stock.seperated by sales order.

avinash_sharma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Monst,

Let me show what I have done:

Below is the planned order generated for material A.

Planned order for material B:

Dependent requirement generated for X:

Could you please be able to tell me now what should I expect for X in MD04. Because even if I change the Collective indicator to Individual indicator, I am not able to find out any changes in MD04 for X.

Please let me know if I am missing any thing.