cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upload BP Master through DTW with automatic document numbering.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Need help regarding a DTW job. I have defined in document numbering window a series which is automatic.

Since I want it to start is 'S' series I added it as a prefix wanted it padded with 3 digit. So it has to be like

S001

S002

S003

..and so on. Now while uploading the OCRD data template, I upload the CardCode in this series. But in the system

its getting uploaded in manual series. This inspite of making the 'S' series as default. Can someone kindly explain what

I'm doing wrong and guide me on the correct path.

Thanks in advance

With Warm Regards

Shiva Venkat

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add 1 more field in your template as 'Series'. This will be not there in standard template but you need to add this field manually in your template and then upload again.

Another way of importing Business Partner is through Import from excel. Go to Administration --> Data Import/Export --> Import from Excel

There you can select your series for BP.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for the reply, do I need to enter data in card code or this will automatically generated during upload, if not what do i enter or leave it blank. One more thing do i have to enable the 'Permit more than one document series' in Basic initialization tab?

With Warm Regards

Shiva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, You need to enter cardcode also when uploading.

"Permit more than one document series" has nothing to do with uploading BP's so I dont think so you need to enable that.

Thanks,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Harshal. Its working now. If its not a much of trouble can you please help me out in one more issue I have already raised on Fixed asset. I'm completely clueless since I'm not able to ascertain how SAP B1 fixed asset works.

Many Thanks and Regards

Shiva Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I suggest you to create a new thread so that every body can give view and give you an answer in more detail.

Thanks,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harshal,

I have created a new thread. The link link I have given is to that discussion. Please help.

With Regards

Shiva Venkat