cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Project Version Description(Created using CN72)

former_member539238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I have created a version for project using tcode CN72. Right now I am trying to fetch the description for the version. I have found the description in VKOMPF table. I have the version key and project definition number. But in the table VKOMPF the key values are version key and another numerical char.(VSZHL Field(NUMC08)). I could not find the project id in the table. Is there any other way I can get the description for the project version? If the table is the only way, then what is the relationship between the project and the version description?

View Entire Topic
kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will have to join tables VSKOPF and VSPROJ_CN with the version id. Then use logic to filter out which VSTEXT description applies. There is not a 1:1 relationship because the same Version Key is allowed on different Project Definitions and Project Definitions are allowed multiple versions. Creatre some sample data then see how the tables react.

former_member539238
Participant
0 Kudos

By standard we have a logic to automatically generate a uniques version key, What if we use that? The version key will always be unique so the counter values is fixed to 1. Unless someone goes to CN72 and create a new version with hard coded version key it should not cause any problem.