cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry of profit center when distributing customer payment differences

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all--

When making payments, our customers often take deductions that are not identified to a specific item. There may be many such deductions for a large payment. We use the "Post Incoming Payments Distribute difference" page for the entry of these deductions. Our problem is that the each deduction may apply to a different profit center (in our case, a sales division). For example, we may have 5 different deductions. Two deductions may apply to one profit center, 2 may apply to another profit center, and one may apply to yet a third profit center. Currently, the page we see only has the amount, reason code, short text, reference key1, and reference key2. Since we are not able to enter the profit center, all of the deductions are associated with the one profit center entered on the payment. This distorts the aging amounts for each profit center.

I would like to be able to add the profit center as a column on the "Post Incoming Payments Distribute difference" page. Other alternatives would certainly be entertained. I did find one related post in this forum that leads me to believe that standard SAP does not support the addition of new fields to this screen, but may be possible via a customization.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding an efficient way to enter the profit center for customer payment deductions.

One idea I have considered is to use substitution for the profit center based on a value entered in reference key1 or reference key2. Is this a viable\reasonable solution?

Thanks for your input.

Edited by: Dan Sutton on Aug 10, 2010 3:13 PM

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

one possible solution could be using substitution. If you define a reason code per profit center, then substitute profit center based on the reason code. If you share a reason code among profit centers, then this solution won't work.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your speedy input. Our reason codes are not associated with specific profit centers. However, our cash applier does enter a specific value in the reference key1 that identifies the sales division. I believe that would serve the same purpose. I am saving that option for a last resort and hoping that someone can suggest a more direct resolution.