cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFD n GAP Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

Can u pl let me know what is DFDs and howz it is done and also what is GAP Analysis. pl give me some examples. if you have any documents kindly send it to given below emailid

my mailid is chandra.ganore@gmail.com

Tks in advance.

Rgds

Shekar

View Entire Topic
former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

DFD is called as DataFlow diagram which is one of the tools used for process mapping in Structured Systems approach. It is similar to Object orientation class diagrams or ER diagrams in database mngt systems.

DFDs mainly concentrate on the datainflow, dataoutflow and the processing. The inflow and outflow are known to us but the processing logic is Blackbox to the user.

There are various tools available in market to draw dataflow diagrams based on the input details.

Gap analysis is nothing but the functionality which is asked by the user but not provided by SAP. As is and To be fit will lead to Gaps.

It is possible to draw DFDs for the gaps we get, though in ERP realm, DFDs are passe.

You can learn more about DFDs in googlesearch. It is huge that it cant be just explained here, as it talks about various kinds of data and processing.

Please assign reward points.