Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Template from Document Type

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

We can create document from Templates in standard SPA DMS. This we can configure in DC30 for various applications. We can assign Multiple Template to a application ( Say a Word application).

SO when we create a original in CV01N/CV02N Transaction for word application by clicking Icon "Create Original"and then click icon "Create with template". We can then select template from the option specified.

But my requirement is when user create the document for first time in CV01N, a template should automatically get created based on document type and Classification values.

The reson they dont want to select manualy because the use may select wrong temaplet from list of template or may have to delete original and again create original from template.

I hope my question is elaborated properly. So do we have any BADI or can we achive this behaviour by any developement.

Appreciate your guidance and suggestions. Thanks.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande

View Entire Topic
0 Kudos

Dear Mangesh,

Did you have a look at the badi DOCUMENT_FILES01~BEFORE_LIST_TEMPLATES?

The document and its classification is not passed as parameter but may be you can get it by another way.

May be you can also avoid development  by changing your way of working :

-You can create a DIR for each document template with classification and original.

- Then the user will create the new document from a template in CV01N.

The template can be found by classification, or I dont know how may templates you have to manage but you can also name the DIR for the templates with an easy to remember name so the user can directly set it and easyly create a pre-fill document.

Regards

Nathalie

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nathalie,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes you are right. I can create the seperate DIR for each Document template.

But then the list of DIR's would increase it to 100's and its not a feasible option. As each Document Type has various template associated with it (Around 10 templates for each DIR).

When I select the "Create from template " option I see list of template. So user may choose wrong template. To reduce error we need to decide template based on characteristics values. Its a very good requirement and users point of view I feel its correct to restrict user to select template and make errors.

Thats correct. But there are other products which has this fucntionality as standard. So when user select the option "Create from Template" at least it should show the user template relevant to Characteristics values.

Any thoughts on this.

With Warm Regards

Mangesh Pande