cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CE7.1 clarification for STVN 2.1 OrgChart java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can point me to the right documentation on this.

Per master guide of STVN2.1 OrgChart Java Ediction, page 9, CE7.1 is needed to host OrgChart. And according to Nakisa's "SAP Talent Visualization by Nakisa 2.1 - java deployment guide", page 11, it indicates that only windows 2003 or Red Hat Linux 5 are the only supported OS.

We are an AIX/Oracle shop. For obvious reason, we do not want to go to Windows or Linux.

Question: does STVN2.1 OrgChart java has to be on either Windows or RedHat linux's CE7.1?

I hope the answer is "no", and please also kindly point me to any documentation.

Thanks much,

Alex

View Entire Topic
lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

While it is possible that TVN2.1will operate on the environment you'd like it isn't certified and any problems you encounter would not be supportable by SAP/Nakisa. I have heard of problems with the extractor on the wrong platform so it is possible that some features and functions won't work on this platform.

Therefore I'd advise going with a recommended platform for now. Contact your SAP or Nakisa partner representative to see if they have a deadline for when they may be able to certify it on another platform.

I hope that helps.

Luke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luke,

Thanks for the reply.

I have created an OSS message to SAP/Nakisa for clarification. It is good to be aware of the potential impact down the road from the "real world" experience.

Regards,

Alex