cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can a Position be assigned to multiple Person

0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I recently going under SAP HCM Training and this is my first assignment. Can a "Position be assigned to Multiple Person". I need an elaborate answer. Please help me on this..... what is the advantage and disadvantage... ?

How we can do it in SAP System. answer with a some example..

Warm Regards,

Niranjan Ghosh

View Entire Topic
sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can a "Position be assigned to Multiple Person".

Yes, the position Can be assigned to multiple persons but this can be done based on % to the positioin which should not be more than 100

i feel more than advantages , disadvantages will be there since if we want to take the report based on Positons Ie Head count there will be mismatch

wait for some other experts views too

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can assign multiple personnel numbers to the same position. You can do this assignment through the tcode PP01. Give the position for which you want to link multiple positions, then select the option Relationships from the table control below. Now give the Relationship as B 008 and your related object as the personnel number to whom you want to assign this position. You can repeat the same thing for the other personnel number too.

You can check the relationships for which you can maintain multiple records at the sametime through the table T788E. Where you will maintain the time constraints of the relationship.

There is one position that is considered primary position. It will also appear on the IT 0001 for the person. The rest are considered secondary and exist as relationship on the OM side.

Primary Position - the position employee is assigned to when he/she is hired- can be seen in infotype 0001.

Other position assignments are accessible via "Org structure" button in PA30 - IT0001 screen.

If we hire one person to morethan one position, the highest percentage assigned position will be shown in the infotype 0001 and the rest we can see in relathionship infotype also.

Hope this might help you

KK