Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM - SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have a configurable material with a BOM say X

Beneath I have two levels of configurable materials and on the third level I have a Fert material.

Material Y is a variant of X. On the sales order (while exploding the material Y) I have all the levels of the BOM ; but I only want to show the FERT material which are the only ones relevant to pricing and delivery.

I' ve tried with phantom assembly but is the same; maybe I,m doing something wrong.:-p

10x.

Regards,

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrew Blake,

What i understand is you dont want your BOM to explode in the Sales order. Then in VOV7 or in VOV4, I am not sure, there is a field for choosing BOM explosion level like explode in single level or multi level, there leave the field blank. Your BOM will only show the FERT material and will not explode. But remember to do this only in case of ERLA, since if you do it in the case of sub item level processing, you will not know what sub item are being priced and your delivery people will not know what items to pick and deliver.

(Even in the case of Main Item level processing if you dont want the BOM to explode, how will your Dispatch ppl know what sub items to pick, if they are not bundled and placed together?)

Hope you found this useful, then plz do reward points.

Regards and Happy customizing!!

Venkat - Hyd