cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

partner determination procedure to the item category ?????????????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I am working on CRM 5.0

Now I assigned a partner determination procedure to the transaction type to determine the partner in the transaction, I want to know why we assigning partner determination procedure to the item category as the partner were already determined using the transaction partner determination procedure

Regards

Jacopo Francois

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

ok...perhaps an example will make things more Clear..

What you mention is you already configured the partner determination procedure on Header Level...

Ok, but these partner functions are relevant for every sales order (transaction type TA) , such as Sold-to, bill-to -payer, contact person and so on...

Next you will for example add multiple materials/products in a sales order on item level.

<u><b><i>Suppose your customer orders following things in one sales order</i></b></u>:

A) Airconditioner (item 1)

B) vacuumcleaner (item 2)

<b>Item 1</b> is very expensive, needs to be installed by a professional installer, and needs a service engineer to manage the correct installation settings.

--> The item category determined for this material, will lead to another partner determination procedure with extra partner functions such as "INSTALLER" and "Service ENGINEER" which are necessary for your sale of this material.

<b>Item 2</b> is relatively cheap, easy in use and does not need any specific "persons" during the sales process.

Hope this seems to be somehow logical

cheers

davy