Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have IT education background,can I start SAP as career

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have IT education background,can I start SAP as career

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Of course!!

SAP provides a wide range of opportunities for people with different skillset. You have to know that it is not just an IT/software company. Rather SAP provides Business solution software to other companies "SAP Helps Companies Run Better". So SAP field also requires people other than just IT professionals.

Also read http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2012/02/21/how-an-sap-abap-career-can-be-like-a-trai...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

5 REPLIES 5

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Of course!!

SAP provides a wide range of opportunities for people with different skillset. You have to know that it is not just an IT/software company. Rather SAP provides Business solution software to other companies "SAP Helps Companies Run Better". So SAP field also requires people other than just IT professionals.

Also read http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2012/02/21/how-an-sap-abap-career-can-be-like-a-trai...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Leon

0 Kudos

How can I get information about functional consultant,I am working as Inventory Controller in Logistix and Distribution

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

MM module is ideal for you.

Regarding information, just google it. Internet is ocean of information.

Search & get it.

balaji_parsewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

For SAP career you do not need IT background. Criteria is as follows :

Functional Consultant - Domain/functional/business process knowledge i.e. experience in Sales, procurement, production planning etc

Technical consultant -  A degree in computer science or IT & aptitude &  bit programming flavor(OOPS).

Please share your current profile for better analysis.

Balaji

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You have raised a generic question.

You dont necessarily require any formal IT education as such to enter into SAP field however when you start learning SAP you can also learn some basic regarding systems beside that. Now which SAP module would be best for you to learn will depend on your educational background, some subject knowledge and interest.

Let me know if you need any specific details or guidance.

Thanks & Regards

Subhasish