Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guidance regarding SAP-GRC

Gnanasambanthan
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am an ABAP consultant right now with a colt's knowledge on system security and cryptography(on general terms, no where in relation to SAP). I would like to make a shift in my career. I thought of preparing for CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor) examination.One of my peer CISA aspirant, who happens to be a systems-security personnel, adviced me to have a sneak-peek into SAP-GRC, as it is a niche area in SAP, for which CISA would be real value addition.

In the background of these, somebody please suggest the pros and cons of the proposal. Is it worthwhile for a technical consultant to make a career shift into SAP-Security area and more importantly would preparing CISA and SAP-GRC will go hand-in-hand?

Kindly help me arrive at a solution in this career selection dichotomy.

Thanks and Regards,

Gnanasambanthan.V

2 REPLIES 2

Gnanasambanthan
Participant
0 Kudos

No Answer Closing the thread...

Regards,

Gnanasambanthan.V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gana,

Having CISA is good for anyone working in auditing field and it goes well with GRC because a lot of issues related to regulations are handled using GRC besides others. Even if you don't work as an auditor still CISA is a value addition in terms of credential and knowledge. Having experience in security complements learning GRC and your ability to understand and use GRC for business would lead you to better prospects and success. Take some time and read about GRC in SCN and meet people who are already working in SAP GRC and see how GRC connects and works with other ERP and CRM systems.

Thank you,

Nagarajan Viswanathan