Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP resume & cover letter critique needed - appreciate ANY feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Spend a lot of time to write my resume & cover letter and very interested in what people think about it...People, please, post your opinions and maybe some advices.

Especially interested in opinions about cover letter style. Will it work?

Thank you all in advance!

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cover letter:

Hi,

This is Dmitriy.

I want to get the job of SAP ABAP Consultant.

Starting to work with me you start to work with not just a comprehensive professional in ABAP development approved by SAP, but with a man who really LOVES what he's doing, with a man who really ENJOYS all kinds of intellectual challenges during work process.

That is why the benefit you get from my professional skills increases several times.

I'm sure you'll be impressed by my knowledge and skills collecting speed.

In a few weeks you'll be a little uncomfortable looking at my salary because I'll be a different, greatly improved employee unlike the one you've hired.

If my cover letter with my life position concerning work fits your expectations and seems interesting to you, I'm inviting you to look through my professional skills in the resume.

Best regards,

Dmitriy_B.

0 Kudos

Resume:

Name and contact information, live in Russia, looking for job around the globe

SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS

Talented and certified SAP ABAP consultant with good knowledge of SAP system functionality.

Experience of taking part in successful SAP system roll-out projects. Master of Computer science.

Ability to learn very fast. Great aspiration for receiving new knowledge and skills and for becoming irreplaceable employee.

Experience of developers group leadership.

Fluent in English. No bad habits.

SAP EXPERIENCE

- 3+ years of configuration and development experience (SAP R3, SAP ERP).

Extensive knowledge of ABAP (Application Development focus ABAP) and good knowledge of SAP system functionality.

- Specialization in modules FI, FI-AA, SD, MM, CO.

- Skills of thoroughly analyzing of specifications for developments and finding incorrect details.

- Skills of translating customer needs into SAP system technical requirements.

- Great enthusiasm in solving difficult, non-trivial problems

SAP Certification:

- Development Consultant SAP NetWeaver`04 u2013 Application Development Focus ABAP

(May, 29, 2009, Id: 0006689540).

ABAP development Skills:

- ABAP Workbench Tools: reports, classes, functions groups, modules pools

- ABAP Dictionary: tables, views, lock objects, search helps, global types

- Data transfer/upload technologies: BAPI, Batch Input, direct update, Excel upload

- ALV Grid, ALV Tree, ALV text-edit, Lists

- Enchancment: Customer exits, user exits, BAdI, BTE, FI-validations, FI-substitutions, Modifications

- Dynamic Programming, Object-Oriented Programming, Program Optimization

- Print forms: PDF forms, SmartForms, SAPScript

- Integration with external systems (IDoc, RFC, ALE)

SAP courses studied:

- BC400 Introduction to the ABAP Workbench

- BC401 ABAP Objects

- BC402 Advanced ABAP

- BC404 Object-Oriented Programming in R/3

- BC405 Techniques of List Creation

- BC406 Advanced Techniques of List Processing

- BC410 Developing User Dialogs

- BC414 Programming Database Updates

- BC425 Enhancements and Modifications

- BC430 ABAP Dictionary

- BC460 SAPscript Form Printing

- BC470 Form Printing With SAP Smart Forms

- BC490 ABAP Performance Tuning

- BC480 Adobe Print Forms (pdf)

- BC619 ALE Technology

- BC620 SAP IDoc Interface (Technology)

0 Kudos

PROFESSINAL EXPERIENCE

- The IT company u201CBusiness Computer Softu201D, Perm. 2006-current time.

Senior SAP business programmer (Application Development focus ABAP).

- Taking part in the roll out SAP system project for u201CJohnson & Johnsonu201D, LLC Belgium-Russia, 2008 - current time.

Specializing in modules FI, CO, CO-PA.

My developments:

Interfaces between FI and external systems

Interfaces between SAP R3 and external warehouse management systems

Developments for CO-PA document flow correction

Developments for Gift Packs support

- Taking part in the roll out SAP R3 system project for petroleum and gas extracting Company u201CLUKOIL-Permu201D, 2006 u2013 current time.

Specializing in modules FI, FI-AA, MM, SD, PM.

My developments:

Purchase and Sale Books

Inventory acts

Stock register

Payments and liabilities planing for month

Register of billing documents get

Plan and Real cost of maintenance and repair

- Taking part in adaptation project of u201CLUKOIL-Permu201D SAP R3 system for u201CLUKOIL-West Siberiau201D, u201CLUKOIL-Komiu201D, u201CLUKOIL-Northu201D, u201CLUKOIL-NIjnevoljskNeftu201D, u201CLUKOIL- KaliningradMorNeftu201D companies, 2007 u2013 current time.

Specializing in modules FI, FI-AA, MM, PM, SD.

Adaptation and maintenance of current u201CLUKOIL-Permu201D project developments.

EDUCATION

- Russia, Perm State University

Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics, Specialty Applied Mathematics and Informatics.

Master of Information Technology (Computer programming) and Applied Mathematics.

2004-2009.

Master Degree Diploma Project u201CDevelopment of automated control system for polyethylene film manufacturing companyu201D.

Accepted as the Perm region mathematics competition winner without any preliminary examinations.

- Elementary and High School of Perm. 2004.

Perm region mathematics, informatics, physics and English language competition winner.

LANGUAGE SKILLS

- English - fluent

- Russian - native

ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS

- Programming Languages: VBA, Delphi, C++, Pascal, HTML, Java Script, SQL, PHP, Prolog, Lisp, Visual Basic, Microsoft FoxPro.

- RDBMS: Oracle, MySQL.

- Tools: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Front Page, MathLab, Mathcad, Statistica for Windows, SPSS, Adobe PhotoShop, Corel Draw, Avicom ProjectMate, .

- Case technologies: BPwin, ARIS.

RECOMMENDATIONS

- Head of the development department u2013 Anton Proskuryakov

u201CLUKOIL-Permu201D.(Letter of recommendation)

0 Kudos

>

> Cover letter:

> Hi,

> This is Dmitriy.

> I want to get the job of SAP ABAP Consultant.

> Starting to work with me you start to work with not just a comprehensive professional in ABAP development approved by SAP, but with a man who really LOVES what he's doing, with a man who really ENJOYS all kinds of intellectual challenges during work process.

> That is why the benefit you get from my professional skills increases several times.

> I'm sure you'll be impressed by my knowledge and skills collecting speed.

> In a few weeks you'll be a little uncomfortable looking at my salary because I'll be a different, greatly improved employee unlike the one you've hired.

> If my cover letter with my life position concerning work fits your expectations and seems interesting to you, I'm inviting you to look through my professional skills in the resume.

> ___________________

> Best regards,

> Dmitriy_B.

hmm.. This cover letter I am sure will not work in India(I am sure you are not looking to work here),because this just does not look professional at all. I think this looks more like a friendly document written to a friend of yours, see if you can make it more professional.

Vishwa.

0 Kudos

First of all, thank you for reply!

In fact I want to know how hiring managers all over the world(of course in India too) respond to that kind of "free form" cover letter. I just tried to "sell myself" and to show what kind of motivation I have. Because it is important for me to love my job. It makes my working efficiency very high and it is definitely my plus as an employee.

But I don't know how to show that when i'm applying... Does that kind of "I love my job" sentences attract hiring manager's attention at all? Remove them and make cover letter professional or I can leave some?

Please, give me some more feedback about that. I'm very interested in opinions.

Any comments are welcome!

Edited by: Dmitriy Borisov on Nov 24, 2009 12:17 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have a linkedin.com profile? That can help you sell yourself a lot. There are a lot of recruiters there and it has a good template to fill your information in. Maybe this can help you step further. Regards, Otto