Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why we are using BDC's for existing BAPI for uploading data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirement is tht we have to upload mm01 data which is in flat file the into SAP.for this requirement we have BAPI_MATERIAL_CREATE.Eventhought why we are using BDC.

answers will be awarded points....

Regards

kiran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member69765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You are right, We need not use BDC when the BAPI is available.

Note that the BAPI does all the screen validations and business validations and then creates the data.

Also, BAPI is faster method to upload data than BDC and it also gives u the option to simulate.

Note that the data is not written as soon as the BAPI is called. You will have to call the BAPI commit FM after the previous BAPI is successfully executed.

To summarize .. We need not use BDC if BAPI is available.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member69765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You are right, We need not use BDC when the BAPI is available.

Note that the BAPI does all the screen validations and business validations and then creates the data.

Also, BAPI is faster method to upload data than BDC and it also gives u the option to simulate.

Note that the data is not written as soon as the BAPI is called. You will have to call the BAPI commit FM after the previous BAPI is successfully executed.

To summarize .. We need not use BDC if BAPI is available.

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Shek

I have a doubt regarding migrating the data

We have BAPI's but still why we are going for BDC. Is there any particular reason is there

All comments are welcome

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Shek

Can anyone please tell me why we are using scripts when we have smartforms

and also anyone please tell me why we are using smartforms when we have adobeforms

Thanks

0 Kudos

Its Just a basic thing like Bi-Cycles which we are using even if we have a BIKE/CAR and Frequent Fuel price hikes.

0 Kudos

You said it in a humorous way ...