Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant creation using a program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I want to create a variant for RIMODGEN program using another wrapper program

But I dont know how to save the values for a particular variant in RIMODGEN

Say I want to append values to the material parameter on selection screen of RIMODGEN using a variant...

Whats the table which stores the values for a particular variant??

<b><REMOVED BY MODERATOR></b>

Message was edited by:

Alvaro Tejada Galindo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Grame,

pls. check function group SVAR. There are many useful FMs there. One of them is RS_VARIANT_ADD. With this you can create new variants from program.

hope this helps

ec

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

I assume this is related to your earlier question about this report.

You can have a look at FM RS_VARIANT_CHANGE to change your variant.

Rob

0 Kudos

yeah i am still working on that... anyways how do we edit the values using this FM ??

I want to append some values to the MATNR field in RIMODGEN but I dont know how to do this using this FM

have u got an example

0 Kudos

Have you tested that you can submit this report using the submit command with a variant?

Rob

0 Kudos

Try doing a "where used list on the FM". You'll see some standard SAP reports that use it.

Rob

0 Kudos

well that doesnt solve my problem .. so i had to put off the idea in between

I am trying to process more than 6K records at one go using wrapper program passing valyes to MATNR in RIMODGEN

But after 6K records single values SQL fails... so I thought may be I can process 6K records everytime for background processing..

But CFM1 should be activated and deactivated for every processing .. that means job cannot be scheduled one after the other

0 Kudos

Well, I guess the obvious solution is to try using ranges of materials rather than large numbers of individual values.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use table TVARVC for this. You can manually set up parameters and select-options on this table through transaction STVARV, or you could do it programmatically.

Your variant for RIMODGEN can read this table. In Variant Attributes, choose Selection Variable type "T" and the parameter that you set up on TVARVC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grame,

Check table VARID which stores variant names.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Read my weblog...It might help you -:)

<a href="/people/alvaro.tejadagalindo/blog/2007/05/22/save-a-variant-from-a-dynpro-screen a variant from a Dynpro screen</a>

Greetings,

Blag.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to use Variant Information,

Use FM RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS

*Reward if useful,

Lijo Joseph

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Grame,

pls. check function group SVAR. There are many useful FMs there. One of them is RS_VARIANT_ADD. With this you can create new variants from program.

hope this helps

ec