Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit Sales Manage Incomplete Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't find any user exit for managing incomplete data. I mean, the idea is to check some header data, and let sales document as incomplete in case those data are not valid.

Can anyone help me?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understand you right you are looking for SAPMV45A USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE

0 Kudos

In user exit you say, I can populate "incompletion log", but I have to check sales header texts, and I can just retrieve them in user exit save_document because in the other one I don't have sales order number

0 Kudos

well that USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE is actually exactly for this purpose of validating document values before saving.

Technically you can do that in SAVE_DOCUMENT as well but it´s not what the userexit is thought for. Even if you will have your document number already in SAVE_DOCUMENT you wont be able to read the texts from the database.

Since you document is not yet saved, those texts are not saved to DB as well.

Maybe you can debug how SAP reads those texts which are not saved yet and have no document number yet. E.G. by changing a header text in a sales order, doubleclicking another text and then your changed text again.