Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update ztable

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have an issue,

i need to debug a program, what the program does is updating the databasde

table when the idoc is passed , now the problem is it is working fine for some documents( idocs)

but for some it is not, i need to resolve the issue, and make it working for all the documents.

i used the '/h' and went through the whole code, i could not understand where it is

updating the data base table, all the program does is to copy the entire idoc into internal table and passit to

bapi bapi_goodsmvt_create, but i couldnot identify, where one doc is failing and the othr

successfully updating the databsae table. And after this bapi , a perform function is called where an

internal table idoc_status is being updated. i cannot see anything more than this.

can any one suggest me how to solve this, did any one face similar situation earlier.

thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If i have to resolve this issue.

I would take two idoc's one which is successfully posted and the other which is not getting posted..

And try to analize the difference at the idoc level first to ensure that everything is same or not..

If your program is posting one idoc and other is not getting posted.. the only reason i see is difference in the data.. Some fields might be missing or material group , sales organization some kind of stuff.. but concentrate on the data in the idoc...

Thanks

Mahesh

former_member378318
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sanjana,

Is it a standard or Z table that is being updated. If its a Z table you could try doing a Where Used List search on the Z table in transaction SE11. This will show you where the Z table is used and should show you where it is being updated.