Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with SM30 transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy guys

I've created a custom table with his corresponding update view.

If I open SM30 transaction I can add new records and modify it. If a program inserts a new record into that table I can't modify it from SM30 transaction.

Why? Someone can help me?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

A question:

The records that you are trying to update, are they date driven? Say for instance you are updating a record that has a begining and ending date. From my experience when dealing with some of the HR tables, another record would be created and the old delimited therefore creating two records upon the corrections being saved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but my records aren't date driven. I've a program that inserts a record into custom table, I try to modify this record to do a test but when I try to save I've a message "Data already saved". But the record doesn't updated.

I don't know why

0 Kudos

Updating the tables:

Check you are using a different key-combination in the new record.

if it is not working, re trigger table maintenance generator and try again.

0 Kudos

The key field is one and I can add from SM30 every record I want and update every records that I've added from SM30 transaction, the records added from the program can be updated only from that program or another program but not from SM30 transaction.

Message was edited by:

Antonio Sanseverino

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Try with below procedure it may help you.

Go to se11 enter your table name>press display>

Utilities> database utilities>

at the bottom click on '' activate and adjust database''.

Reward if helpful.

0 Kudos

Thanks but I've just done from SE14 transaction, it's the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Please close the thread and reward the points.

Regards,

Ramakrishna kotha.

0 Kudos

Sorry but SE14 doesn't solve my problem