Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport requests merging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi buddies,

I have moved certain TRs from development to the quality server. I need to move these TRs from the quality to the production server. But before that I need to merge these TRs in Quality. Could someone help me out on how to go about this.

Thanks in advance,

Dikshitha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot friends for your quick response :).

I just want to confirm about the order of the TRs. Wont that be a problem in production if I merge ? I have around 15 to 20 TRs.

Please help.

6 REPLIES 6

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SE03 - merge object lists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can merge all the rerquests to one and release the request created by the process.

Create a transport request in se01 and include the other request into it.

select the request then from the menu

Utilities->reoranize->merge request

more info:

Regards..

Edited by: M Prasanth on Jan 21, 2009 11:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I dont think we can merge the requests in Quality Server.

We can do the same in DEV.

Regards

Shiva

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally you cannot merge on QA system. Merge on DEV system with SE03 as described and transport to both QA and PRD.

Make sure that none of the included objects has subsequently been changed in DEV.

Afterwards the now obsolete single transports should be deleted from the PRD import queue.

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot friends for your quick response :).

I just want to confirm about the order of the TRs. Wont that be a problem in production if I merge ? I have around 15 to 20 TRs.

Please help.

0 Kudos

Hi

You need to maintain the sequence of TR release. The dependent must be released first.

We need to be very careful before merging the TRs.

Try to merge the related objects.

Regards

Shiva