Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translated text missing

0 Kudos

Hi!

I've got a problem with translation of texts from Z table fields.

I have a table ZTBCX013 with field TIPOBJ from type ZTIPOBJ. The data element ZTIPOBJ refers to domain ZTIPOBJ.

The original language for all of them is PT and I've translated them into EN.

However, when I run a report that refers to ZTBCX013-TIPOBJ in selection-screen, it shows a blank line with no text on the screen.

In debug, I found out that the text is got in the context FREE_SEL_DD_INFO, function module RS_DS_INT_FIELD_INFO. In this FM, at the line CALL 'C_DD_READ_FIELD' I got SY-SUBRC = 0 in language PT and SY-SUBRC = 2 in EN. As it's an internal C function, I can't debug it.

I hope there's something I'm failing to update somewhere. It happens for every Z element, for standard ones it's OK.

Sorry for the long story...

Regards.

Fabio Scaravelli

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

pleae in your program <b>menu ->

GOTO->

TEXT ELEMENTS->

SELECTION TEXTS</b>...

There for your selection-screen parameter you have to write a Text OR ELSE select the<b> Check box</b> so that it will refer the Text of the Data element of the <b>ZTBCX013-TIPOBJ</b>

reward points if it is usefull ....

Girish

5 REPLIES 5

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you maintain the Description for those data elements in all the other languages?

In case you did not translate the texts for the data elements, then you should do that using SE63 transaction.

Regards,

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to text element screen - > Goto - > Translation - > change the language u want and go to u r selection text name fill u r selection text description over there in given language

Regards,

Nandha.

Reward if it helps

0 Kudos

Hi, ravi and Nandha.

I've maintained the text in PT (original language) and EN (target language). This is the point: the text exists in EN, but it's not shown.

Regards

Fabio Scaravelli

Former Member
0 Kudos

pleae in your program <b>menu ->

GOTO->

TEXT ELEMENTS->

SELECTION TEXTS</b>...

There for your selection-screen parameter you have to write a Text OR ELSE select the<b> Check box</b> so that it will refer the Text of the Data element of the <b>ZTBCX013-TIPOBJ</b>

reward points if it is usefull ....

Girish

0 Kudos

Hi Girish.

The checkbox is checked and the text appears at the text elements screen. But, when I run the report, the text doesn't appear.

Regards.

Fabio Scaravelli