Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The enhancement object ENHS cannot be read

0 Kudos

When I try create implicit enhancement, I see message "The enhancement object ENHS cannot be read" in status string.

How can I solve this problem?

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

did you solve your problem

i am facing the same problem.

waiting for ur reply

thanks,

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi!

Yes, I solved this problem by adding 2 rows in system tables:

1) TADIR

PGMID = R3TR

OBJECT = ENHS

OBJ_NAME is empty

other fields are copied from similar rows (R3TR, ENHS);

2) ENHSPOTHEADER

with empty field ENHSPOT, VERSION = A, TOOL_TYPE = "HOOK_DEF", other fields also are empty.

0 Kudos

thanks,

can you elabarote in deatil please,

regards

0 Kudos

I inserted one row in TADIR, and another in ENHSPOTHEADER with values from my previous post.

In what detail are you interesting?

0 Kudos

ya thats ok,

but enhancement object is primary key in both the table how you were able to make entry in both table? I tried to insert but it was not taking entry.

in 1) TADIR table

PGMID = R3TR

OBJECT = ENHS

OBJ_NAME is empty

it was not taking entry because OBJ_NAME is primary field.

same thing with ENHSPOTHEADER also enhspot is primary field.

please reply i am stucked there only in req.

thanks,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Empty value is value too System must allow one row with that values.

I inserted rows with SE16N transaction.

Enter table name and then enter &sap_edit in command window then press Enter. After theat - F8.

In grid application press "New row", in new row - required valeus. The end step - press "Save".

Edited by: Valery Zauzolkov on Jan 9, 2008 8:01 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you very much,

problem is resolved and thanks to giving your valuable time.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure you assign correct components to the enhancements & correct enhancements to the project.Are you sure that the components involved are active.

Edited by: RAJIV KAUSHAL on Dec 28, 2007 4:12 PM

0 Kudos

hi

this is implicit enhancement and we r facing problem while creating enhancement implementation.

kimmo_sirpoma
Participant
0 Kudos

Valery, although your problem was solved, I introduce another solution which another members could use instead previously described tricky solution:

The advice here starts from an assumption that you cannot implement implicit enhancements. You get runtime error UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION

CX_SY_MESSAGE_ILLEGAL_TEXT.

Implement notes in this order:

1034360 ( if missing from your system )

1098603 ( first relevant note )

It is probable that you face another problem after 1098603. Typically you get error message "The enhancement object ENHS cannot be read."

To solve that, implement note 1087299.

Now creating implicit enhancements should work.

But before installing note 1098603 you probably created many enhancements that went into error. You may want to delete them. You maintain enhancements with new transaction SE20. But that is not likely to work and gives an error message " The enhancement object ENHO cannot be read ". To correct that error You have to install note 1076076. If transaction SE20 is completely missing from your NW04s system, you need to install note 987152 first, which indicates that your sp level is very low and perhaps you need to patch your system.

With SE20 you can maintain enhancements: delete, activate, where-used etc. This transaction is rather new as seeing note 987152 is from October 2006.

br: Kimmo

0 Kudos

Big thanks!

0 Kudos

Very helpful. But now I get the error "creation of objects not possible"

Edited by: Peter Gularte on Feb 6, 2008 7:30 AM

0 Kudos

Thank you for the information and this really helped us to overcome the errors