Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Submit report with internal table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !

I have a requirement where report is showing output in ALV1. Based user action I need to process further in background mode.

I have developed a report which I am submitting for this background mode.

I am opening a Job sumbitting created report with return. Job close.

This created report is in scheduled status in SM37. I have to go there and release it.

To pass parameters to newly created report I have used WITH field names with developed report name. But I am not getting parameters at new report. Similarly used import/export --- set/get but still not getting parameters at submitted report.

Is it because it is in background mode? If so how can I achieve this functionality. Can anybody suggest me something ?

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

IMPORT and EXPORT from memory doesn't work here.

Have a look into the SAP documentation:

When the program is scheduled in the background task, the selections specified by the user or in the additions for filling the selection screen are stored in an internal variant. When the program is executed in the background request, it is processed fully but the selection screen is processed in the background. The system triggers all events, including that for selection screen processing. The variant stored internally is transferred to the selection screen between the INITIALIZATION and AT SELECTION SCREEN OUTPUT events.

The transfer of the parameters should work, if you don't have any statements that clear those parameters. Maybe parameters with SET/GET parameters also will cause a problem. But it should work with this internal variants. Before you start the jov, please have a look in those generated variants, whether the parameters have the right values.

Regards,

Klaus

Edited by: Klaus Babl on Feb 8, 2011 6:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

put an endless loop like :

while 1 = 1.

endwhile.

and go to debug mode for the background job using tcode sm50. may be this will help you understand exactly what the problem is.

Thanks,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Assuming

SUBMIT Report VIA SELECTION-SCREEN
     EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY
        WITH Field1 = '123'
        WITH Field2 = 'ABC'
        WITH SELECTION-TABLE itaab
      AND RETURN.

for the issue of not being able to the values to the report using the with addition maybe due the reson that your report doesnt use selection screens.It may use screens made using screen painter.

Is that the case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using statements

IMPORT f itab FROM DATABASE dbtab(ar) ID key.

EXPORT obj1 ... objn TO DATABASE dbtab(ar) ID key