Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRO Customizing: Sorting the table based on subset of primary keys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a view which I have configured to appear as a customizing node. The view has 5 primary keys. I need to sort the table based on the last two primary keys. Is it possible to do so, without altering the sequence of primary keys?

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the content of a table or view is sorted by the system according to the key fields. Unfortunately there´s no functionality for doing what you pretend.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jorge.

Is it possible to alter the sequence of the key fields?

I have the customizing table, and a view based on this table.

I need to sort the contents of this view based on the last 2 of the 5 key fields. If I move the last 2 key fields to the front, I guess the required functionality can be met. However, I tried in SE11 to cut these 2 fields and paste them right below MANDT, but when the contents are displayed, these two fields still appear at the end.

So I tried doing the change in the table itself. However, I got an error in the activation, saying such a modification is not possible.

How can I make sure that these two key fields appear at the beginning?

Edited by: Rohan John Fernandes on Feb 24, 2010 4:53 AM