Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When running a transaction, I get the attached smartforms error. I have checked the form and it seems okay, the error appears even when I revert to the standard form. The curious thing is that even when I assign a PDF form I still get the same error. My initial suspicions were focused on the form, now I am not so sure. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

12 REPLIES 12

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even the PDF is produced from the output of a smartform. So error in pdf mode is basically a smartform error.

Please check the sy-subrc after the smartform call in the driver program in debugging mode.

If sy-subrc is not 0 the variables sy-msgv1, sy-msgv2, sy-msgv3, sy-msgv4 will have the message which will the the component of smartform which is causing the problem.

Try it and revert.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Thank you for your response.

As far as I can tell the execution is not getting to the form. Breakpoints placed in the smartform driver program are not triggered. The transaction goes straight to the error message...smartform error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Someone please shed some light on this.

0 Kudos

You need to find the point at which the error is getting raised. Then analyse the code before that.

former_member206650
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi wilson,

even if you are not getting with standard smartform,then there might be error in the steps which you filled the data can you also check the customizing...

krishna_k19
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Wilson,

Can you elaborate the issue.

How you are taking print out and whether you assigned to NACE or what can you please elaborate it.

Regards,

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi,

The issue is in the flexible real estate module. There is an error while trying to generate a sales based settlement form. A settlement is done and it is this settlement that generates the documents. After that a form, the sales based settlement form, is generated showing the settlement documents.

It is the process of generating the sales based settlement form that is generating the error. The error says no documents found yet the documents are present, as per the functional consultant. So the problem boils down to the reason behind the smartform error.

Hope my explanation is sound, if not please ask for clarification.

0 Kudos

There are no assignments in NACE only in SPRO.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the smartform and driver program assigned in NACE ?

If yes then debug the driver program and find the exact point of error. Analyse the logic of the part of code and you will know the issue.

Regards,

Ashish

0 Kudos

Hello Wilson,

It seems that there isn't a document to print, thus not going through your Smartform.

For some documents in RE-FX, the output needs to be created first before it can be printed.

Have you tried printing another form? I can't make out which form you tried to print, but look for another contract.

Best regards,

Zhou

0 Kudos

Hello Zhou,

Apologies for my late response. I am trying to print the sales based settlement form, tcode recpa570. The other forms such as the invoice print okay, the problem lies with this specific one.

0 Kudos

More info, from the functional consultant.

On correspondence transaction for sales based form (RECPA570) , the form is still not being generated, despite having generated the documents in settlement process ( RESRSE). The error is no documents can be determined.