Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

simulate mouse or clicks with ABAP / anti-screensaver

former_member186746
Active Contributor

Hi,

Is there an easy way to use ABAP to simulate a mouse click or movement in order to prevent activation of a windows screensaver.

Due to circumstances I'm working with someone elses log in and I only have access to SAP. Instead of bothering him every time the screen goes to screensaver I though why not just create a simple ABAP to prevent this from happening.

This system is on 7.31 sp 19 and GuiXT is not enabled so no script editing is possible.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

pokrakam
Active Contributor

How about a low tech solution?

9 REPLIES 9

pokrakam
Active Contributor

How about a low tech solution?

Jelena
Active Contributor

I've heard some people also used a desk fan. 🙂 This would work only with a light mouse though.

Yes, but be aware of unintended consequences (TS, S7E7)

0 Kudos

amazing!

Recently a friend of mine gave me that bird as a present.

I think could'v probably used some very specific weight to the mouse cord so that it slowly drags across the table. Anyways the situation is now over and probably wouldn't happen again.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could they just change the screensaver setting? You could also play an audio file on a loop to trick Windows into thinking there is activity.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Why an Abap solution, with some fast search on google you should find hundredths of small vbs scripts to prevent lock of screen?

You can use a hammer as a screwdriver you know. 😉

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I did find a lot of vb and java scripts for the same issue. But in this specific situation all I had to play with was a logon to a development system where the scripting option with GuiXT was also disabled.

Cheers!

So creating the vbs from Abap (e.g. code saved in some standard text or in the Abap source), cl_gui_frontend_services methods file_exist, gui_download and execute...