Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sheduling a job in background...(bit tricky)

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am reading a local EXCEL file and processing (i.e. extending material ) and delivering a output file on the desktop ...there is no performance issue as i am reading and populating the bapi sturctres and on success committing it but its taking too long and I have loads of material to upload how can i schedule it in a background ...(Caution : remember its a local file ...!)

Need your valuable advices...! Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well a very good advice would be that you cannot upload files from the persentation server while running the program as a background job.

0 Kudos

Thanks Vikranth.Reddy

Yep I knew it but what is the solution for the same then..! or please suggest a alternate solution

0 Kudos

Easy alternative would be put the file on the app server & upload the data (then again remember uploading an excel file to the app server may cause inconsistencies, try converting the excel to CSV before uploading)

You can also try FTP if you want

0 Kudos

Hello,

You could upload the excel file into the application server and then read the file from the application server and run the progam in the background or you could consider the option of FTP. But it is quite a headache to do all this and it would be worth the wait as per your current way of execution.

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Ah.. there you go...

anup_deshmukh4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anwered..!