Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send mail to user inbox via distribution list in .TXT Format

former_member212705
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one report with some classical output. My requirement is to create one job via SM36 with spool list receipients.

I have created one distribution list with internet address::

Now i am giving the name of this distribution list while creating job. But i am not getting any output mail to my ID.

Is it possible to get mail to my email id (Not SAP inbox). Also  is it possible to send this output in attachment as .TXT format while creating job??.

i can do all this in program but requiremnet is to do without coding.

Also if i am giving direct email address while creating job ,i am not getting any mail.

Please help

Regards,

A. Trivedi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in SOST what does it shows...Secondly you can have it as attachment also vai configuration

12 REPLIES 12

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in SOST what does it shows...Secondly you can have it as attachment also vai configuration

0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet,

Thanks for quick reply. In sost it is in waiting state.

Also what is VAI configuration how to do it.

0 Kudos

I have to send this output as .TXT attachment. Is it possible via VAI configuration??

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

What can be done is the email body can be sent as text attachement via configuration in SCOT tcode. There is a parameter Output format of SAP Documents where you can choose what format mail should go. Its under SMTP node

Pelase search for the same

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Yes now getting mails in .htm format,may be that was some netwrk kind issue. That means if i change that format to .TXT i will get mails in .TXT format. I am checking will let you know soon.

0 Kudos

Thanks Nabheet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Thanks for the screen shots . Yes you can get the email in your inbox ( outside SAP ) if you maintain the email Address or the Distribution list in the spool recipient list .

Is the job in SM37 generating the spool ?

Secondly are you seeing a mail getting generated in SOST transaction.

Thanks

Rishi

0 Kudos

In sost it is in waiting state.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

Great !  So you have the mails in SOST .. it means that the same are getting triggered from the job.

In SOST - can you check if the email trigger job is active. Go to SOST --> select the mails ( highlight them ) and then from the MENU --> Send Request --> Start Send process for selection ..

This will push the emails out -- paste the screen shot after that !

if any issue comes , then it means email config is not done properly.

waiting for your test outcome ..

Rishi

0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

Now mails are going but in .HTM attachment, i have to change it into .TXT. that setting needs to be done. I am checking.

0 Kudos

Hi Ashish

you can set the mail setting in the SCOT Transaction format ..

Thanks

Rishi

deependra_shekhawat3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Have you created distribution list in SO23?

For job you need to select distribution list via Spool list recipent->F4->Distribution List->Detailed Search->Enter Z-distribution list name.

By this way you can try.

Thanks

Deependra