Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help for vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to create a search help for vendor. I mean if i press F4, it should display vendor code along with name . Can anybody help me to create a search help and to assign it to vendor code.

Thanks in advance..

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

If this is a report program, then declaring that parameter or select-option <b>LIKE lfa1-lifnr</b>, will automatically get you a search help.

If none of the search helps are useful, then you can create a search help in SE11. If you have any issues , such as Search Help not being displayed, let us know.

For step-by-step procedure, refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4f/991f82446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

Thank you for the information u have given . Now please tell me whether there is any option to filter the data that gets displayed in search help. I need only vendors like 'S*' . Can we put this codition in the program itself, so that it will be easy for the user ..

0 Kudos

i mean condition ..

0 Kudos

In this case, I presume, you are creating your own search help. If you are creating your own search help, then you can default certain values. There is a column called "Default Value"(the last column in the table control shown below).

Regards,

Subramanian V.

0 Kudos

Sorry i didn't get u . Can u pls explain me in detail . I haven't created any customized search help till now. Can u help me ?

0 Kudos

You need to call the following function on value help of your field.

call function 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'
    exporting
      tabname                   = 'LFA1'
      fieldname                 = 'LIFNR'
      searchhelp                = 'KRED'
      dynpprog                  = <your program name from where you are calling this function>
      dynpnr                    = <your program screen number>
      dynprofield               = '<screen field name>'
      value                     = 'S*'

if sy-subrc <> 0.
* MESSAGE ID SY-MSGID TYPE SY-MSGTY NUMBER SY-MSGNO
*         WITH SY-MSGV1 SY-MSGV2 SY-MSGV3 SY-MSGV4.
  endif.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to create search help:

1.se11

2.give a searchhelp name

3.press create

4.choose elementary search help

5.Enter lfa1 in search method