Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapcript language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone ,

I have a question regarding sapcript. My original sapscript was in danish , so i converted the script to English and made all the changes needed.

The user wants the form to be bilingual . The other language he wants is Portugese. So the form has to be compatible for both English and portugese.

How do I acheive that. Is there SAP help link I can look . what will the method . The communication language will be selected by the user . I have made the form in english . If the user selects portugese the form should be printed in P and if he selects E , then should be printed in E.

Any help will be appreciated ,

Thanks

Mona

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mona,

SAP SCRIPT is language dependent, So a single form is not comaitable for more than one language.  For english and Protugese there should be two seperate scripts individually i.e. One for english & another for Portugese.

Sap mentioned a word on this switching between multiple froms in the below link.

Switching Forms (SAP Library - BC SAPscript: Printing with Forms)

But in that one also it was mentioned that we have to use required form in seperate OPEN_FORM function module.So if you are using this script in any report program output you may achieve it by providing the language selection option on selection screen, based on that one call the two scripts using IF ELSE Condition.

If user selected P call the script having language P.

else.

call he script having language E.

Endif.

Using ITCPO structure also it is not possible to achieve your goal as of I know.

Controlling Print Output (SAP Library - BC SAPscript: Printing with Forms)

Reply me back if you have any more queries I will try to resolve .

Reagrds,

Praveen Chitturi.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mona,

SAP SCRIPT is language dependent, So a single form is not comaitable for more than one language.  For english and Protugese there should be two seperate scripts individually i.e. One for english & another for Portugese.

Sap mentioned a word on this switching between multiple froms in the below link.

Switching Forms (SAP Library - BC SAPscript: Printing with Forms)

But in that one also it was mentioned that we have to use required form in seperate OPEN_FORM function module.So if you are using this script in any report program output you may achieve it by providing the language selection option on selection screen, based on that one call the two scripts using IF ELSE Condition.

If user selected P call the script having language P.

else.

call he script having language E.

Endif.

Using ITCPO structure also it is not possible to achieve your goal as of I know.

Controlling Print Output (SAP Library - BC SAPscript: Printing with Forms)

Reply me back if you have any more queries I will try to resolve .

Reagrds,

Praveen Chitturi.

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

Thanks for the reply. I will come back to you later for sure .

Mona

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I have made chnages only in the sapscript , i have not chnaged the print program . It is sap standard . Is there a way of acheiving this without changing the print program by only making chnages in sapscript .

The communication language will be selected by the user in the vendor master . He will log into the sys in E language .

Thanks

Mona