Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPTEUP10 reportin background

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a report named 'RPTEUP10' and I need to run it in background

I need to put the file in background and execute the report in background. The report is executing well in foreground. Please suggest how to run it in background.

Thanking you.

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just upload the file in some folder of the AS (e.g. use FTP, OPEN DATASE,T etc.) before executing background job, as you won't be allowed to use any GUI tools. to upload file. what did you already try?

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond

We are using it using open dataset but we want to do it via FTP..

Regards,

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond..

How can I achieve it via FTP..

Please guide..

Regards,

Mahesh

0 Kudos

Add a first step to get the file from FTP and save it in some temporary directory of the server file server. Many samples are already available : look in the Wiki area for The SAPFTP Library - FTP Programming in ABAP or in the Code Gallery for Sample program for FTP Transfer of Files via ABAP Program.

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I am following the steps mentioned in the following link. but the job is not storing the data in

Interface table CC1TEV. Please goo through the link for once and you will get my point what I am trying to say.

https://blogs.sap.com/2015/06/26/how-to-upload-time-events-in-non-production-environment/

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can achieve this requirement with 2 simple steps

1. Place the file in application server

2. Schedule background job in SM36 based on your requirement once the job completed you can check using SM37. Here are few tcodes related to jobs

Background Jobs Administration:

SM36 Define Background Job
SM37 Background Job Overview
SM39 Job Analysis
SM49 Execute External OS commands
SM62 Maintain Events
SM64 Release of an Event
SM65 Background Processing Analysis Tool
SM69 Maintain External OS Commands
SM36 Define Background Job

SM37 Background Job Overview

SM39 Job Analysis