Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports into newer Version IT'S URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I got to create reports in ECC 6.0 , which were already there in 4.6c.Can I know what is the procedure for it to do?

Do I need to do UCCHECK if so how .

Please help me out .This is very urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Swapna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Welcome to SDN.

Are u aksing about unicode check?

Weather a program is Unicode compatible or not you can check it by using the program - RSUNISCAN_FINAL through SE38.

If u are creatig a new program u can mark a program as unicode enabled as using following:

In ECC 6.0 in attributes of program there is checkbox called Unicoce chcek you need to select this if you want your program to make it Unicode enabled. After enbling Unicode check box if you go for syntex check then system will show all the errors & warnings related to unicode.

If you want to remove all the obsolete statements also then go for SLIN Transaction code.

Ashvender

28 REPLIES 28

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Welcome to SDN.

Are u aksing about unicode check?

Weather a program is Unicode compatible or not you can check it by using the program - RSUNISCAN_FINAL through SE38.

If u are creatig a new program u can mark a program as unicode enabled as using following:

In ECC 6.0 in attributes of program there is checkbox called Unicoce chcek you need to select this if you want your program to make it Unicode enabled. After enbling Unicode check box if you go for syntex check then system will show all the errors & warnings related to unicode.

If you want to remove all the obsolete statements also then go for SLIN Transaction code.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks for your quick response.

I tried running the program which are copied from 4.6c to ECC 6.0 with unicode check in attributes,it is not showing any errors .After this I runned the program RSUNISCAN_FINAL with the program name................Atleast it should show me some errors here.

It is saying "There is no program corresponding to this selection".

So how do I know whether it is unicode compatible or not.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Check the program attributes it should be checked for<b> Unicode checks active</b> and the program should be assigned to a package not to the local object.

Then u can execute the tcode <b>UCCHECK</b>(RSUNISCAN_FINAL) to check for unicode compatibility....

In UCCHECK ...

uncheck the <b>Check only programs where the Unicode flag is unchecked</b>.

rCm.

Message was edited by:

rCm

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Follow this procedure:

Execute program RSUNISCAN_FINAL.

At selection screen provide the program name ( for which u want to check for UCCHECK).

In same box at last four CHECK BOXES are there. Do not select any check box. Or run it by selecting 2nd check box which is having text "include only Objects with Object Repository Entry (TADIR)".

There is tab having title "Statemetns that can not be analysed statically".

In this box ENABLE both the CHECK BOXES.

'X' - Display lines that cannot be analyzed statically

'X' - Show also Locations Hidden with "#EC *

And also ENABLE both the check boxes in tab "Application-Specific Checks".

'X' - View Maintenance

'X' - Obsolete Function Modules: UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD

This time all the ERRORS and WARNINGS will be displayed if program contains any.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks for the information.It really helped me a lot.

When I checked in T/code :uccheck i.e, if I run the Program RSUNISCAN_FINAL it is saying "The system found no Unicode syntax checks".

But when I run the T/code:SLIN ,it is showing the error

Use addition CURRENCY when outputting GET_DATA-BETE.

(The message can be hidden with "#EC UOM_IN _MES)

WRITE: 115 GET_DATA-BETPE............................

The error is showing here. I even added CUR as it a data type of currency.

Is there any way of writing the currency in unicode.I tried I didn't find anywhere.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

SLIN is different from UNICODE CHECK. IF your program is not howing any error in UCCHECK Transaction code then it is Unicode compatible.

SLIN is Exetended Program check. ECC5.0 & above version we do this for best practices for proramming. Suppose you are declaring an Internal Table with header line this:

DATA: Begin of itab occurs 0,

field type c,

end of itab.

So in later releases of SAP occurs 0 clause is Obsolete. but if you do declaration using occurs 0 even then it will execute you program.

Above error will be shown in SLIN. To remove above error you need to declare a WORK AREA & INTERNAL TABLE(Without header line) seprately.

e.g.:

DATA: Begin of wa,

field type c,

end of wa.

DATA: itab like table of wa.

You have mentioned the error of CURRENCY. To remove this error you need to do like this before writing the data.

Suppose you are writing an amount NETWR from an internal table then you need to give currency addition after the field. e.g.:

it_vbak-netwr CURRENCY it_vbak-waerk,

Write the above mentined code the error will be removed.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

WRITE: 115 GET_DATA-BETPE currency itab-netwr.

This will solve your problem,

keerthi

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvender,

Thanks, your answer was very helpful to me.

I can see a warning

" Field string T512T is not referenced statically in the program"

here in the Source Code

TABLES: T512T,.........

Is there any thing wrong in the table declaration.

After I take all the errors.How should I proceed?Execute it.Create the variants or not.Do I need to execute it again in 4.6c and run T/code SLIN.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

you can do in 4.6c if it supports SLIN. I am not sure about this as I am working on ECC5.0 & 6.0.

Just check the SLIN Transaction code in 4.6c If it is there it will work.

You can direcly execute the program in ECC6.0.

<b>Do this for the warning you are getting:</b>

Remove the table name from TABLES: T512T & go for normal syntex check. If it is not showing any error then go for SLIN.

We generally declare TABLES when we specify the fields from tables in Selection-screen. & when we use select single * without specifiying the INTO clause.

IF you are not using any field form table T512T & also not using select single then remove this & check the output of your program.

If you are using select single statemement in program then you need to specify INTO clause in select statement. Declare a strucutre based on t512t & use into clause.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I changed the declaration this way.But still getting the same error.

DATA: BEGIN OF WA_T512T_TBL ,

LGART LIKE T512T-LGART,

LGTXT LIKE T512T-LGTXT,

END OF WA_T512T_TBL.

DATA: G_T512T_TBL type standard table of WA_T512T_TBL with header line.

and for the remaining code I used G_T512T_TBL.

Can you please tell me whare exactly I went wrong.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Remove the table name T512T from the TABLES declaration. Activate the program & And check the SLIN.

This error will be removed. If not then can you paste the message it showing?

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Swapna,

Change the declaration from data to types.

Regards,

Sri.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Yes,Thanks Ashvender I can remove the error by taking out T512T from tables declaration.

But the thing here is I didn't change my internal table to structure.That is without header line.It didn't show any errors even in T/code SLIN also.

And if I performed with standard check then I got the following message

Cha.strings w/o text elements will not be translated:

'Invalid Payroll/Personnel Area(s)'

and here in source code

Message E010 with 'Invalid Payroll/Personnel Area(s)'

Help me out please.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Sriram for responding.

Actually, I tried with TYPES: declaration only.Will there be any change if I don't make any changes to internal table changes.

And in the previously posted message it was showing in Todo Prio3.Was it Third Priority message.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Thanks rcm and Keerthi for responding to my question.

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

To remove this error you need to write the text in text symbol & pass this symbol in code.

To write text in text symbol. use the following path:

GOTO->TEXT_ELEMENTS->TEXT Symobls.

Here in 'Sym' write number 001 or whichever is available. And in 'TEXT' write

Invalid Payroll/Personnel Area(s).

Now you need to use this text symbol in program.

e.g:

<b>Message E010 with text-001.</b>

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks Iam done with all the Errors and messages.Do I need to change the internal table to stucture without header line and..........

Try with different screen variants as it was there in 4.6c as they didn't give me the specs of it also. So, do I need to understand the code and see how it is working.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi,

For declarring Structures & Internal Tables based on database table u can do like this:

DATA: s_kna1 type kna1.

DATA: it_kna1 type table of kna1.

Foe declaring customized Strucutes & Internal Tables:

data: Begin of s_kna1,

kunnr type kunnr,

name1 type name1,

end of s_kna1.

DATA: it_kna1 like table of s_kna1.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks.

Please help me out with this problem.I didn't had this error when I Performed std checking

but when I checked back again with Perform checking it is showing this error

No. of with fields of Message 010 for ID ZHR:1

No. of placeholders in this message:0

No long text exists for the message.

here in source code

Message E010 with text-010.

Invalid payroll/Personnel Area(s).This is the text which I entered in Message text.

Please help me out.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

This is because the long text is not maintained for message number 010 in MESSAGE ID you are using in your program.

Go to TCode SE91 provide the MEssage ID name you are using in your program. And go for display. Select the message E010 & go for "LONG TEXT" Command button. There u need to maintain the long text if you are using Z Message class. but do not maintin for Standard message class.

This will solve your problem.

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried entering the long text in TCode SE91 also.It is still showing the error

***********************************************************************************

No.of WITH fields of MEASSAGE 010 for ID ZHR:1

No.of placeholders in this message:0

Highest Placeholder number in long text: 0

Long text:

&Invalid Payroll/Pers.Area&

*******************************************************************************************

Please help me out with this.

Thanks,

Swapna

Message was edited by:

Swapna K

0 Kudos

Hi Swapna,

Can you tell me what message is written in mesage class for 010 message number. Is it written as "&Invalid Payroll/Pers.Area&" or something else?

Ashvender

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is nothing written beside Message number 010.

But in the longtext

"&Invalid Payroll/Pers.Area&" is written.

In the Message Class:ZHR was there.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi,

I got that problem solved. I tried it by copying the same program again.Now its working.Now it is taking the comment on source code only.

MESSAGE E010 WITH 'Enter Main file name'.

I kept & & & & in the Message text beside 010 in se91.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I got an error

Do not change system fields

and it is showing it here in source code

new-page print on immediately 'X'

line-count sy-linct

line-size sy-linsz

no dialog.

Please tell me how to deal with this.

Thanks,

Swapna

0 Kudos

Hi,

The error is may be coming because of "new-page print on immediately 'X'". Check this in SLIN. This may be a Warning not error. In erlier versions we used to use New page print on but in new version we aboid this.

If you dont remove this warning your program will work. If you want to remove this just comment "new-page print on immediately 'X'" & execute your program. & check weather it is working fine or not.

If you still have some more questions the you can post a new thread Because you have closed this by marking as answerd. If you post on new thread other people will also repliy to your question.

Ashevnder

0 Kudos

Thanks .Iam posting a new thread as Iam having problem after I commented it.

With "Reports into Newer Version."

Message was edited by:

Swapna K

0 Kudos

I checked it in T/code:SLIN only it was showing as Error not Warning.

IWhen I commented it was not working.

Thanks,

Swapna