Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Records not visible in SE16N are shown in SELECT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a select statement, without any restrictions/conditions on the table ERDK.This fetches some records.

But when I try to get the same records through SE16n or SE11, it says no data found. Any idea why. Because I dont want the records to show in the select statement. These records mess up the calculations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give details of fields of ERDK that you have used in SE16N.

Dhiraj.

13 REPLIES 13

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Post your code for a better analysis.

BR,

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please give details of fields of ERDK that you have used in SE16N.

Dhiraj.

0 Kudos

Hi Suhas, Below is the select statement i use

SELECT opbel

stokz

intopbel

vkont

abrvorg

FROM erdk

INTO CORRESPONDING FIELDS OF TABLE i_erdk

FOR ALL ENTRIES IN i_ever

WHERE vkont = i_ever-vkonto

AND loevm = ' '

AND stokz = ' '

AND ergrd NE '03'

AND simulated = ' '.

My question is, this statement fetched a line with opbel = '61007232'.

When I try to get the line in SE16N/SE11, it says 'No values found'. I would like to know, why the line is not showing in SE16N but shows in the select statement.

Dhiraj, while running SE16N, i mention only the opbel field [61007232] for selection criteria.

In case you need further information on my queries, please do let know.

0 Kudos

I suppose the line with opbel = '61007232' is for a different client (field mandt).

0 Kudos

You probably used a range or pattern in SE16N. There is a conversion exit for this field.

Rob

0 Kudos

Hello Joe, Now I tried with "client specified" and mandt = 100, the record is still showing.

Rob, I was not using pattern. But now tried using it... it worked!!!

0 Kudos

I mean, I tries se11, with opbel = *7232, now the record is showing...

Thank you everybody for the help.

0 Kudos

Strange.

But in this case I suspect there is some nonprintable character within the visible 61007232.

For example I have seen cases where due to some misconfiguration the backspace key did not work as intended, but was inserted into a database field.

Let's assume you have this:

619<backspace>007232

Then on your screen the backspace will work as intended, and you will see, you guess it:

regards

0 Kudos

Strange indeed.

I tried different patterns for this document, whatever the non-printable character is, must be before the first digit.

Because, SE11 could show me the line with all these inputs , '61007232', '1007232', '007232', '07232', '7232', '232', '32', '2'. I assume the non-printable char, if any, must be in the front of the number.

Is there any way we could find what character it could be.

And thanks for your answers.

0 Kudos

Hello Joshva,

an interesting problem, I think.

And of course there are ways to find what character it could be.

But not sure which way would be the most convenient.

The idea is this: Instead of strings or characters get the ascii values of the characters.

As far as I know this will be not easy in ABAP . But I may be wrong here. Actually I am not an abapper, but a basis administrator.

But anyway, have a look at your ABAP manual!

Another approach will be: Ask your database administrator for help.

The exact procedure will depend on the database your SAP system is using.

In case of Oracle it will be:

select dump(opbel,16) from erdk

where opbel like '%61007232';

hope this helps

0 Kudos

Thank you Joe for all your answers. Will see what I can do.

0 Kudos

I don't see any problem with the way you able to get the records in your ABAP or using SE11 / SE16. It is because the field OPBEL has ALPHA conversion exit, while storing the data at DB level, it would be padded with zeroes. In your case data record value (OPBEL) 61007232... try with leading zeros (field length 12) 000061007232, it should work.

ABAP, you don't have to do any thing as I see from the statement, you are using "FOR ALL ENTRIES IN" of an internal table which I believe you are reading that data from another table...

0 Kudos

Hi Anjaiah. I tried padding with zeroes. Still not showing.

It is not an issue anymore because I am able to see the record now. But, I am wondering why it is not showing.