Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about PNPCE

former_member384574
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I've a doubt about how the PNPCE works. I've created a report with an HR Report Category. The HR report category shows the field PNPWERKS in the first page together with PNPBEGDA and PNPENDDA. While I execute the report, the values of PNPWERKS is set to 0001 and the PNPBEGDA 01.01.2014 and PNPENDDA 30.04.2015.

If I check what is being read in the infotype 0001 after GET PERAS instruction I can see that there are some records that don't belongs to the Werks 0001 selected in the selection screen...

Can anybody explain me why?

What I've done to avoid these extra-rows is the following instruction:

delete p0001 where not werks in pnpwerks

Is this correct? Why the PNPCE is not filtering with the PNPWERKS?

Thank you so much in advance for any suggestion.

Regards,

Rebeca

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rebeca,

This filters on selection screen of logical database will get employees that all conditions is true at least in one day in selected period.

So if you employee worked one half year in WERKS 0001 and another half year in WERKS 0002 this employee will be selected and all internal tables selected by LDB will contain entries from all selected period.

Previously the logical database PNP had two BEGDA and ENDDA fields, one to selected infotypes data and another to filter employees, but it wasn't good and caused confusion on user.

To solve this issue will depend of what do you need to do, in most of cases you need to use the 0001 infotype period to select all another infotypes, check also the RP_SET_DATA_INTERVAL macro to choose a period for each infotype that you declared.

I hope that I've helped you!

Best regards.