Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PURCHASE ORDER

Former Member
0 Kudos

could anybody tell me that what is purchase order. A I have given a task of creating purchase order.

As I am new and need help of yours

thanks and rehards,,,,,,,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to me21n give vendor no in the text box in the table control you have to give material no,quantity, plant ,storage location and press enter there you have to give some price and all those just after entering any value press enter if any error is there it will show....as a technical person only that thing i know...

regards

shiba dutta

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can use ME21 and ME21n(enjoy trx). U will need the following to create PO.

Company code for which u r cretaing the PO.

Purc. Org and group.

Vendor,Material,qantity and may be price if it is not gettign derived.

with screen shot details refer...

http://www.allsaplinks.com/purchaseorder_create.html

kishan negi

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to me21n give vendor no in the text box in the table control you have to give material no,quantity, plant ,storage location and press enter there you have to give some price and all those just after entering any value press enter if any error is there it will show....as a technical person only that thing i know...

regards

shiba dutta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can use tcode me21 to create a purchase order.

but it will be helpful you can find any functional consultant(MM)

along with you.

regards,

pankaj singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A purchase order is a legal document acting as a purchasing document between the buyer and the seller.The buyer is the one who cretes the purchase order.The purchase order contains some mandatory entries like name and address of the vendor,address of the buyer,quantity of the PO ,rate ,deadline for supply ...etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam,

In business point of view, there are two tpes of POs,

one is vendor PO and the other is customer PO.

Vendor PO is the one, we generate(Create) in the system and send to the supplier.

vice versa, Customer PO come from the customer to the supplier and those listed items has to be supplied by the supplier.

Customer PO cant be geenerated in the SAP system, it can be registered in the SO (sale order ) creation.

U can create PO in ME21 transaction, and u need to create it against Vendor in Pur.Org, Pur.Group, u need to assign an order type also while creating it.

Sujatha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A request or instruction from a purchasing organization to a vendor (external supplier) or a plant to deliver a quantity of material or to perform services at a certain point in time. U can create it using me21 or me21n