Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem while translating ALV column header

0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am facing a strange problem here. There is an ALV output, where I have optimised the length of column heading.

gs_layout-CWIDTH_OPT = 'X'.

The column heading in English is showing fine.

But the problem starts when I try to translate them to Russian.

I have put English text in text symbols and translated them to Russian using the tool.

But in Russian the truncated text is shown. Sometimes it is first 21 chars sometimes it is 22 chars.

For example column heading "XML Number" should be shown as "Номер заказа клиента XML" when the user logged in Russian, but it is showing as

"Номер заказа клиента X".

I do not understand why only first 21 or 22 chars are being shown and how it can be overcome.

Can anyone help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which fields of the field catalog have you used to transfer your text symbols (and how you filled all fields related to the texts)?

Which length did you define for your text symbols?

Did you check SAP notes, if there could be issues with other languages?

What is your SAP GUI version?

4 REPLIES 4

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which fields of the field catalog have you used to transfer your text symbols (and how you filled all fields related to the texts)?

Which length did you define for your text symbols?

Did you check SAP notes, if there could be issues with other languages?

What is your SAP GUI version?

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

I have used  wa_fld_cat-scrtext_l to transfer the text symbols.

Here is an example which I used for a field

wa_fld_cat-col_pos       = 1.

wa_fld_cat-fieldname     = 'BSTNK'.

wa_fld_cat-key           = 'X'.

wa_fld_cat-coltext       = text-001."'XML Number'

wa_fld_cat-scrtext_l     = text-001."'XML Number'.

wa_fld_cat-scrtext_m     = text-001."'XML Number'.

wa_fld_cat-scrtext_s     =  'XML No'(002).

wa_fld_cat-col_opt       = 'X'.

wa_fld_cat-colddictxt    = 'L'.

wa_fld_cat-outputlen    = 40.

Total lenght for all length of text symbol is defined as 132.

My sap GUI version is 7.10

0 Kudos

According to me, as you indicate colddictxt='L', it's scrtext_l which is used (anyway, all texts have same value). I saw many sap notes in the SMP by searching "alv column header truncated" with component BC* (by the way, is it truncated or is there a "..."?). The issue may be related to the character encoding in your sap system (is it Unicode, multibyte?) or sap gui version. Maybe, try to install a more recent SAP GUI to see if that the issue is corrected.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for your time. It was indeed because of GUI version. I checked in colleagues PC which has 7.30. There it is showing fine. Thanks once again