Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in uploading .itf file related to zebra printer in SO10

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a Label in Zebra printing software and saved it as .itf file.When i am trying to upload it in SO10 transaction 62000 line of code gets saved in the standard text.Please help me from where these code are coming.Is there any problem in my Label creation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a file for SAPscript that contains label definition plus variable data.(may be extra lines are for label defination)

Download label definition into print file: Choose File ® Create Format for SAP R/3 to convert the printer commands into an ITF file that is suited for import into SAPscript. The Download Stored Format Wizard appears and allows you to choose between two procedures:

Download the label definition into the Zebra printer (RAM or nonvolatile memory) and create a merge file for SAPscript.

Create a file for SAPscript that contains label definition plus variable data.

For performance reasons you should prefer the first method, since that print files created in R/3 to be sent to the printer have only minimal size. With the second method, even though you avoid keeping the label definition in the printer, you must pass the entire label definition to the printer for each label you print from R/3 (including graphics, fonts, and so on), which is considerably slower.

BAR-ONE in both cases creates a file with the extension ".ITF".

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a file for SAPscript that contains label definition plus variable data.(may be extra lines are for label defination)

Download label definition into print file: Choose File ® Create Format for SAP R/3 to convert the printer commands into an ITF file that is suited for import into SAPscript. The Download Stored Format Wizard appears and allows you to choose between two procedures:

Download the label definition into the Zebra printer (RAM or nonvolatile memory) and create a merge file for SAPscript.

Create a file for SAPscript that contains label definition plus variable data.

For performance reasons you should prefer the first method, since that print files created in R/3 to be sent to the printer have only minimal size. With the second method, even though you avoid keeping the label definition in the printer, you must pass the entire label definition to the printer for each label you print from R/3 (including graphics, fonts, and so on), which is considerably slower.

BAR-ONE in both cases creates a file with the extension ".ITF".

Simha_
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

First Check the .itf file what it contains. i.e same 62000 of code or not?

If it contains the same, then the same wil get uploaded in the So10 also.

May u are doing something wrong file generatin the label file.

It's very sensitive thing... u may go wrong while referring to fields in SAP in the software.

Just repeat the thing carefully step by step referring to the manual..

Regards,

Simha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narasimha,

Both the ITF file and text file in SO10 transaction contains the same code.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Once again go through the generation of the label.

If u get the same code then it is fine.

No problem go through the process..

If not, u might have done some error while generating the label file.

Revert after generating the file.

Regards,

Simha.