Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

passing the select option value to a method

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i have designed a screen it contains select options which contains delievery number...i want to pass ths select option values to my customized badi as a import parameter for a method and then i want to select particular details of delievery number..help me out

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not quite sure where the exact problem lies (is the BAdI not called, does BAdI not have the correct import parameters, don't know how to define an import paramter for this range in a method?), but based on the subject I would say the latter. Well, here it goes:

In DDIC there is a table type RSELOPTION with line type RSDSSELOPT. This has all the fields of a regular range (back in the old days If you will). Use this table type as an import parameter for your method. Pass the select options from your report to this import paramter and you're ready to go.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your custom BADI create a method like get_delievery_details with importing parameter of the type of delievery number field in the method you can get the details of the delievery which ever fields you want and with those fields create a structure and in the method have a exporting parameter with reference to that structure if you are expecting only one line of data and tables if you are expecting multiple.

Regards,

Himanshu

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not quite sure where the exact problem lies (is the BAdI not called, does BAdI not have the correct import parameters, don't know how to define an import paramter for this range in a method?), but based on the subject I would say the latter. Well, here it goes:

In DDIC there is a table type RSELOPTION with line type RSDSSELOPT. This has all the fields of a regular range (back in the old days If you will). Use this table type as an import parameter for your method. Pass the select options from your report to this import paramter and you're ready to go.