Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to transfer data from one client to another client using ALE/IDOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue related to custom IDOC creation to transfer data from 800 client to 810 client within the same Application Server.

I had created the custom IDOC (All the required steps like logical system,rfc,messg type idoc type segment etc.)

I had also created an Outbound program and an inbound Func MOdule.

I made the functin module i created as Inbound.

I linked the Inbound Func Mod with a Process code and this in turn is linked to the Message type I created.

Now the problem is

When I run the outbound program the IDOCs are genereated succesfully with status code 03.

On the 800 client if i run the tcode we05/we02 I am able to see the idcos generated.

On the 810 client the data is not stored in the respective table.

On running the tcode we05/we02 on 810 client i get a message no idocs to process.

Is there any method where i can debug my inbound Func Module or how will know that the Process Code with the Respective Func module is triggered.

Also please let me know what are the common places that we make in creating a custom idoc and custom func module(inbound)

Regards,

Somya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the Inbound system, do you see your idoc in BD87?

if so, you can re-process and debug your idoc in WE19 - enter your idoc# and execute.

click ->Inbound Function Module to find what FM processes your idoc

open another session and set a break-point in that FM.

from your WE19 session, run your idoc in Foreground and you should hit your breakpoint.

hth,

robert.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member189596
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi somya,

CHeck ports which port is triggerd for outbound process.....

if it is Same which port u r using ........it should work.......

In WE02.......check port..

reward points, if useful

Regards,

bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the Inbound system, do you see your idoc in BD87?

if so, you can re-process and debug your idoc in WE19 - enter your idoc# and execute.

click ->Inbound Function Module to find what FM processes your idoc

open another session and set a break-point in that FM.

from your WE19 session, run your idoc in Foreground and you should hit your breakpoint.

hth,

robert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is because of comunication does not exits between these clients poperly that is you can find out this one in SM59 go to your RFC destination and doubel click and press ‘test connection’ icon if it show error in conncetion you will get status code as ‘03’.

By using ‘RBDMOIND’ standard program you can change the status of idoc ‘03’ to ‘12’

The folloing paragraph will give brief discussion about status ‘12’.

Transactional RFC is an asynchronous communication process, meaning that when an IDoc is

dispatched, the sender does not wait for the IDoc to be received on the destination system.

Control returns as soon as the IDoc is successfully transferred to the communication layer. The

IDoc gets a status code of 03 (Data Passed to Port OK). The communication layer must make

sure that the IDoc is successfully transferred to the destination system. By looking at an IDoc that

has a status code of 03, you cannot say for sure that the IDoc was actually received on the

destination system.

A standard program, RBDMOIND, is scheduled or executed online to determine whether the

communication was successful. If the IDoc has been dispatched to the destination system,

RBDMOIND updates the status of the IDoc to 12 (Dispatch OK); otherwise, the IDoc stays in

status 03. The selection screen has the following parameters.

you need to check it out by SM59 and process the idocs by using RBDMOIND

Hope usefull this explanation and if Reward me with points.

Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

points awarded accordingly

Thanks for the replies