Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of FI Documents (RFBIBL00?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know that the RFBIBL00 report is <b>the</b> report to migrate FI documents. The only concrete experiences me and my pals have with that report are with non-SAP legacy systems.

When migrating from SAP to SAP would you still recommend RFBIBL00 or is there <b>the</b> IDOC/BAPI that would be used in this case?

If the answer is RFBIBL00, what would be the best way to download the documents from the source SAP in the strcuctures that RFBIBL requires?

Thanx for your support!

Karsten

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

I have written my program to create fi document. It is a file upload program. This program has all important fields. If you want message me and let me know your mail id I will send it there

Thanks,

Amit

14 REPLIES 14

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

You can use IDoc to migrate/distribute FI document from one SAP client to another SAP client.

Please check this message type and IDoc type.

<b>FIDCC1</b> and <b>FIDCCP01</b>

<b>FIDCC2</b> and <b>FIDCCP01</b>

<b>FIDCCH</b> and <b>FIDCCH01</b>

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Please reward points if helpful.

0 Kudos

Ferry,

thanx for you answer. Would you recommend anything for Downloading the data from the source system? Or shall I just move BKPF and BSEG fields into corresponding strcutures and create files out of it.

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

You can still use RFBIBL00 for uploading the data from SAP to SAP.

If you have used RFBIBL00 to upload from Non SAP Legacy systems you must be aware of how the file format must be for the same.

What you need to do is take the information from the SAP system and put the data corresponding to an internal table of the final structure you need and then download the data.

i.e i_final ->should be the same structure as you want your file format.

all the information regarding the structures you want to pass should be put in the columns of i_final

Then use the FM GUI_DOWNLOAD to download as tab separated file

CALL FUNCTION 'GUI_DOWNLOAD'

EXPORTING

filename = lcl_filename

filetype = 'ASC'

has_field_separator = 'X'

TABLES

data_tab = i_final

EXCEPTIONS

file_open_error = 1

file_read_error = 2

no_batch = 3

gui_refuse_filetransfer = 4

invalid_type = 5

no_authority = 6

unknown_error = 7

bad_data_format = 8

header_not_allowed = 9

separator_not_allowed = 10

header_too_long = 11

unknown_dp_error = 12

access_denied = 13

dp_out_of_memory = 14

disk_full = 15

dp_timeout = 16

OTHERS = 17.

Again in the program RFBIBL00 upload this i_final.

You could also use LSMW Object <b>0100</b>

andreas_mann3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

rfbibl00 is ok.

1) select tables bkpf,bseg,and bsec per RFC or into file

2) migrate data to structures bbkpf, bbseg, bbtax

3) start rfbibl00 (with direct input method)

A.

0 Kudos

Hi all again,

I understand both is possible: DI and IDOC.

Would you say one is better than the other? What would <b>you</b> do?

Karsten

0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

i prefer rfbibl00.

you can use move-corresponding when the customizing is the same in your systems (field-stsus-groups, doc-types,...) - otherwise you've to use mapping tables to migrate the data!

after moving, you've to change the value fields with:

write bseg-wrbtr to bbseg-wrbtr currency bkpf-waers no-sign.

regards Andreas

Message was edited by: Andreas Mann

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

Both program RFBIBL00 and IDoc are fine and can be used to extract FI document.

With <b>IDoc</b>, you do not need to perform data transformation/mapping and no custom development required when you migrate FI document <b>from SAP to another SAP system</b>. SAP provides standard programs and function module to extract and transfer the FI data.

In addition, you only need to setup the ALE and IDoc configuration. IDoc has excellent error handing and has capability to reprocess an error (if any). With batch input program, you need to process the whole input file or you need to recreate the file with error information.

However, if you have interface <b>from Non SAP to SAP</b> then it would be better to use <b>batch input program</b> RFBIBL00.

Personally, I would like to use IDoc for master and transactional data distribution from SAP to other SAP system.

Again, hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

thanx again.

What would be the standard programms and function modules for the extraction?

Karsten

0 Kudos

Consider the following things.

1) Whether this is going to be one a time migration or whether this is going to be a permanent thing.

Also, verify whether you would need logs for Sarbanes-Oxley Audit purposes if you are publicly traded firm in the united states.

Based on that you can take an appropriate route. Each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

2)The big challenge would be to format the input file for RFBIBL00 or for IDOCs. For starters, use program RFBIBLT0 for generating a sample input file for RFBIBL00.

3)From SE38 do a drop down on RFBIB* to see the list of available programs.

4) Use RFBIBLG0 to re-generate RFBIBL00 to reflect changes in the dictionary on table BSEG via FI Configurations.

5) You could use LSMW to map your incoming flat file to the various structures required by RFBIBL00. For example if you have had a spreadsheet of data, each row corresponding to a FI document. You can creatively convert that to a segmented file required for RFBIBL00.

6) It does not hurt to have a pre-verification program to actually verify the validity of the incoming data before feeding it to any load programs. This way you weed out error records and send it back to the sender for correction before the data load is attempted. You could do basic verification like, Company codes, Cost Centers, Vendors, Internal Orders, GL Accounts and combination of multiples like Cost Center in Company Code, Vendor in Company Code, etc...

7) If the data quantity is too huge, it would make sense to stage it outside in a database and have a verfication process built to automatically feed the errors back to the db.

All the items mentioned above are part of best practices used by the big 4 consulting firms in the United States.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

I have written my program to create fi document. It is a file upload program. This program has all important fields. If you want message me and let me know your mail id I will send it there

Thanks,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello ,

What is the standard mechanism for trigeering the FIDCC1 FIDCC1 IDOC for Data Migration purpose.

Amit please send the program in the following address

radhasindhu01@yahoo.co.in

0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any customising (other than BD64) to set the FI documents for distribution, so that Idocs are generated for the relevant destination?

Thanks.

david_zepeda
Explorer
0 Kudos

Karsten,

If I may inquire, did you ever come up with a solution here? We are in a similar situation where we are trying to determine whether or not to use flat file transfers to send data between two FICO systems, or to use an IDOC like FIDCC1. Your experience here is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are sending FI document between one SAP to another SAP, then FIDCC1 is the best solution and straight forward too. Need to make sure if the master data in the both the system are the same. You have pretty good user exits too...

It is the standard out of the box solution for this kind of data transfer.

Let me know if you have any question.

Thanks

Apsara