Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintaining entries in TVARV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was trying to maintain entries in TVARV table using SM30 but I am facing two problems:

1. Entries that I try to maintain in TVARV using SM30 gets maintained in TVARVC which I do not want

2. I am not able to maintain value in NUMB field using SM30. When I do the maintainence, default value 0000 gets saved in NUMB field. What can be done if we want to maintain '0001' '0002' etc in TVARV-NUMB.

Thanks in advance!!

Rohit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

brad_bohn
Active Contributor

TVARV is obsolete in your version if you have the TVARVC table. Use the transactions STVARV or STVARVC depending on whether you need client dependent or client independent entries. DON'T use SM30. If applicable, when you upgraded, your TVARV entries were converted. Read the release notes.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hello,

>

> I was trying to maintain entries in TVARV table using SM30 but I am facing two problems:

>

> 1. Entries that I try to maintain in TVARV using SM30 gets maintained in TVARVC which I do not want

> 2. I am not able to maintain value in NUMB field using SM30. When I do the maintainence, default value 0000 gets saved in NUMB field. What can be done if we want to maintain '0001' '0002' etc in TVARV-NUMB.

>

> Thanks in advance!!

> Rohit

1) Even you enter TVARV in SM30, the underlying table is TVRVC. You can see that as soon as you enter in table maintainence. If you dont want to see that, better create your own table and maintain them.

2) NUMB field is not to maintain the values for your field. This is a number (can say counter) to the same entry. For example, if you want to maintain multiple entries, then you need to assign 1, 2 and so on. it is a type NUMC.

Use TVARVC to maintain them. I dont think you have control over TVARV-NUMB

Which SAP Version are you in?

brad_bohn
Active Contributor

TVARV is obsolete in your version if you have the TVARVC table. Use the transactions STVARV or STVARVC depending on whether you need client dependent or client independent entries. DON'T use SM30. If applicable, when you upgraded, your TVARV entries were converted. Read the release notes.