Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

longtext for CJ01 and CJ02

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i did the recording for cj01 and cj02 using lsmw . i am not able to handle the longtext field in lsmw. while recording this is coming as a edidtor and i recorded for one line item but the longtext field can handle pages of data.

Anybody please help me out inthis how to handle this long text field in lsmw.

if you know how to do this through BDC also not a proble.

Please help me out in this ..

if you know furthur info please let me know..

thanks,

Rajesh..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

BDC is in general not able to cope with controls. However,<b> eCATT</b> can handle everything BDC can including controls. Thus, my recommendation is to split the task:

- doing everything except longtexts using BDC

- importing longtexts using eCATT

The available eCATT patterns for scripting are <b>TCD (Record)</b> for normal BDC transactions and <b>TCD (SAPGUI)</b> for transactions with controls.

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh

BDC is in general not able to cope with controls. However,<b> eCATT</b> can handle everything BDC can including controls. Thus, my recommendation is to split the task:

- doing everything except longtexts using BDC

- importing longtexts using eCATT

The available eCATT patterns for scripting are <b>TCD (Record)</b> for normal BDC transactions and <b>TCD (SAPGUI)</b> for transactions with controls.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

hi Uwe ,

i dont have idea on ECAT but i will try that...

thanks a lot for ur update on this..

thanks,

rajesh.