Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List transaction codes in which a popup window is used

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Is it possible to list the transaction codes in which a popup window is used?

Seeing the window appear when pushing F4 button to aid search for data in a certain field in a certain transaction, I would like to identify where else the window is used.

Thank you very much.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

its called F4 help. this could be coming from below sources

1. A search help attached to the data element used for the parameter on screen (search helps are defined in SE11)

2. From a Domain - which is linked to the data element used for the parameter on screen

3. From a search help explicitly defined on the program for the parameter on screen

4. A explicit coding for that field in the event AT SELECTION-SCREEN on VALUE-REQUEST FOR.

so please let us know what screen are you using and which field are you talking about

0 Kudos

Dear Soumyaprakash Mishra,

In VA03, Go to > Header > Partner

At the row VE Sales employee , at the column Partner, there is a text box to enter a sales employee number. This is where the the window popuped when F4 button is pressed.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

its a process on value request module on the module pool,

i will give you the details in a minute

Program name: SAPLV09C

screen number: 1000

PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST.

FIELD gvs_tc_data-rec-partner MODULE search_help_1000.

-

inside this, what happens is, it reads what have you selected in the drop down, based on that it goes finds the search help name in the subroutine DEFINE_SEARCH_HELP in include LV09CF35 to determine which search help to use.

For personnel number, the search help is PREM.

you can goto Se11 and see the where used list for this search help

Edited by: Soumyaprakash Mishra on Dec 29, 2011 2:19 PM

0 Kudos

After the window is popup, then I click enter, and the system displays another window listing information. Would you please kindly tell me the program and screen for this window as well?

0 Kudos

lets say the search help called for you is PREM.

this is a collective search help, and 29 other search helps are added to that. that why you get 29 tabs on that screen when you click on that F4 drop down.

Every added search help can again be a collective search help or a elementary one. So the elementary SH in this case are mostly based on direct read from tables... it reads from tables like PA0003 and others depending on which tab you have selected. and displays the result from that table.

open the SH PREM in Se11 and check

0 Kudos

the first tab gives you value from view: V_7BR_PREMA